Anyone want to drive the Maryhill Loops Road?

Speedboosted

Established Member
First heard about it while reading through a Top Gear article where they took the Hellcat Challenger to it. Sounds like an epic road for a lack of better words. I've made a decent amount of hot laps through the Rowena Loops, which is great btw, but Maryhill seems to be on another level. While trying to figure out how to get on this road, I read that its only open to public cars twice a year. However, they will rent/reserve the road (privately owned now) out to groups wanting to test it out. I don't want to wait another 11 months to be able to drive the road as early october is the first day that its open to the public.

I would love to get a group of guys from SVTP together and go give that road some hell! Everything at this point is still in the development stage, but if I get enough interest I will give them a call and see what I can do. I'm also good friends with the director of the local NASA organization who could probably get a few guys in as well.

I encourage you to google the road if you haven't heard of it before, if it doesn't make you want to go drive it, I don't know what would! It is located right near the Maryhill Museum just east of the Dalles, OR. I live in Vancouver, WA so really its open to anyone willing to drive out there. I figure we can test of the Rowena Loops as well on our way back for some more fun or on our way there for a warmup.

Anyway guys and gals, just let me know who would be interested and we'll see what happens. Target date would be May most likely, and weather permitting.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Speedboosted

Established Member
Great! Spread the word if you can. I would like at least 10 or so people in before I contact them

bumsoil

Established Member
im in. I was told the guy who owns it likes bmw's a lot. I mean if you don't have a BMW he wont let you drive. idk how true that is tho

Speedboosted

Established Member
Interesting, the pictures I saw online usually had BMW's in it. Didn't think anything of it until now.

I guess we'll have to show him why Mustangs > BMW

Speedboosted

Established Member
Just to follow up on this, I will not have the time in May to try and get this together, or to even participate in it unfortunately. We can try a later date if people are seriously interested, but the Car Is King day is at the end of summer, which is when it is open to the public

Users who are viewing this thread