Anyone using the Vintage Venom R14 Rear Kit? Need opinions

Silver TT

Established Member
I decided on the Vintage Venom F14 Front 14" Brembo kit with 4 piston monobloc calipers at the recommendation of some members here and after talking with Rob Eaton who designed the kit.

Also want to increase the performance of the rear setup so they stay in the generally desired range of 70% front / 30% rear braking force.

Anyone have experience with the R14 Rear Kit? I understand from Rob Eaton they don't fit an 03/04 Cobra IRS without modification (as they are designed primarily for SRA cars).

oldmodman

Established Member
Take a look at Bruce's rear brake kit for the IRS equipped Cobras. It has 2 13" two piece rear rotors and brackets to allow you to use the stock calipers. Which are enough brake for any car that has better front brakes.

Rear 13" brake kit FTBR Part # FT 7000A

About half way down the page.
FTBR Brake Parts

keith89

Established Member
I wish someone made a fixed radial caliper for the rear with a proper ebrake. I know Willwood makes a fixed caliper for the rear but it does not have an ebrake provision. I've been thinking about looking into a separate smaller ebrake caliper. I know there's a setup for Vipers that use a separate caliper.

Silver TT

Established Member
Take a look at Bruce's rear brake kit for the IRS equipped Cobras. It has 2 13" two piece rear rotors and brackets to allow you to use the stock calipers. Which are enough brake for any car that has better front brakes.

Rear 13" brake kit FTBR Part # FT 7000A

About half way down the page.
FTBR Brake Parts

Thanks...I would like to go with Bruce's kit and I know he makes great stuff (prior owner of my car bought and installed all of his stuff) it just seems very pricey for 2 rotors at $749 or $6xx after the discount when the R14 kit which is larger is only $395 or only $595 with brand new rear cobra calipers as well.

I would also like to avoid running slotted rotors as this is not a race car and I hear the slotted rotors make some slight noise on the street and can cause uneven pad wear or at least unnecessary pad wear for a street car.

Silver TT

Established Member
Anyone else on the forum upgrade their rear brakes?

Seems there are only two options of FTBR 13" rotors or the Venom R14 kit but just spoke to Rob Eaton again and these definitely DO NOT work with IRS cars unless you use spacers and lose parking brake - which given my new wheel setup I can't do and don't want to lose parking brake either.

Seems there has to be another option to just upgrade the rear braking power a bit to stay in line with improved braking from the 14" Brembo front F14 kit for IRS cars.. :??:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Anyone else on the forum upgrade their rear brakes?

Seems there are only two options of FTBR 13" rotors or the Venom R14 kit but just spoke to Rob Eaton again and these definitely DO NOT work with IRS cars unless you use spacers and lose parking brake - which given my new wheel setup I can't do and don't want to lose parking brake either.

Seems there has to be another option to just upgrade the rear braking power a bit to stay in line with improved braking from the 14" Brembo front F14 kit for IRS cars.. :??:

Nothing outside of a little custom work due to the IRS or losing the parking brake.

Users who are viewing this thread