Anyone using the LC2i with stock headunit?

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Is anyone in here, besides myself using an LC2i with the stock head unit? Powering speakers, subs or both? How do you have the LC2i adjusted? I don't notice any bass roll off with the stock head unit. "Main" control up, down or center detent? Trying to figure out the best way to set this thing up, so I can set my amp up properly.

Tispho

Established Member
Turn the white threshold screw all the way clockwise and adjust from there. I was never able to find the proper bass cutoff point.

I'd leave the rest of the screws at a lower level (maybe 5 - 10º from closed) and just adjust your amplifier. You go back and forth between the amp and the LC2i. There is no exact way of doing it.

Don't forget to set the high pass filter and low pass filter on the amp.

Make sure the Maximized light never stays on, or you did it wrong. If it flashes a couple of times during heavy bass notes I think it should be ok. (Mine flashes sometimes, I haven't permanently damaged anything)

Last edited:

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
I couldn't find the cutoff so I turned the accubass and threshold how they said to as per the instructions. What about the main? Trying to figure out if I should turn it all the way down and turn up the gain on the amp, or turn up the main and use less gain on the amp.

Last edited:

blackcoyote13

Established Member
I have the LC2i installed on mine for a subwoofer that I added to the OEM 4 speaker setup. There is bass rolloff on the factory setup. Before the LC2i, I had a PAC SNI-35 running via the rear speaker signal to the amp. I had a local audio company (Cartunes) install the LC2i and tune with an oscilloscope to avoid clipping and it made a huge difference, especially in bass levels at low volume. Cant speak for longevity yet but it has a 5 year warranty so I am not worried.

I will send you a pic of my settings on the LC2i today when I can get down to the car during work. I would say go with the LC2i for sure!

CSG

Established Member
When you use the LC2i where do you tie its signal leads? Can the rear speaker inputs be used?

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Rear inputs can be used just the same as the fronts assuming you don't typically play with the fading adjustments (fade away from the rear).

Some info on the factory radio wiring.
BaseStereoWiring.jpg

FordOEMRadioPinout_zps1c38ebe1.jpg

CSG

Established Member
Thanks for the diagram. The reason I asked is that I have been told that the the factory system does not send bass to the rear speakers. I am only looking to add an amp and JL Stealthbox to the factory system along with the JL components that I added to the doors. The door speakers will not be aftermarket amplified.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Hello 92hatchlx -

Check out our level matching video on Youtube. The video applies to setting the Main and Bass level knobs on your LC2i. Start with the main knob and move on to the Bass knob with the same process.

AudioControl level matching - YouTube

AudioControl

Awesome to see AC rep on the forum! Hope you stick around, we get a decent amount of audio q's on the board.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the diagram. The reason I asked is that I have been told that the the factory system does not send bass to the rear speakers. I am only looking to add an amp and JL Stealthbox to the factory system along with the JL components that I added to the doors. The door speakers will not be aftermarket amplified.

I believe that's bad intel. I've read about many people tying into the rear for a sub signal. I'll put an RTA on my car later today and see what comes up. On the front speakers the signal start to roll off significantly around 50hz and I believe that's what the LC2i is correcting.

blackcoyote13

Established Member
japydugu.jpg

LC2i settings. I use the rear speaker wires for signsl and I have TONS of bass with the unit.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
Real Quick-

I have the 2012 Shaker 500 Sound w/ stock Headunit and I have the Audio-Control LC2i that I'm wiring up but in the trunk- Where is everyone running/connecting the Power & Ground wires to it (LC2i)?

I'm guessing you have "run" both the power & ground wires back to the front & "splice" into the Shaker headunit to get the "turn-on" power & its main ground, right?

If so, which color wires?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread