Anyone using Pilot Sport All Season tires in stock sizes ?

David Neibert

Established Member

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Not quite what you asked but, FWIW, we're very happy with the Michelin Pilot A/S3s we run on my wife's BMW (all year-round, all weather conditions). I considered them for the Shelby, but it spends almost all winter in hibernation, so I decided to stick with MPSS.

Last edited:

Stetler17

Established Member
I have a set mounted on a winter set of wheels and really like them. No issues using them after the weather warmed up, I just preferred my summer wheels and they have MPSS on them. Wouldn't hesitate to run the A/S 3 year round if you don't need a max effort tire.

302project

The Shelby or the Ranger?
Established Member
Those are the ones that I have as of now, and while I live in Miami and can't speak much about 40 degrees and below, for what is worth the one thing I can tell you is that when is raining and you are not stepping on it they are not bad. I believe it should be all right the those temperatures that you mentioned.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I am running AS 3's on my car and think they are a great improvement over the stock GY's. 275-40-19 front and 285-35-20 rear. They were a little noisy on certain asphalt roads for the first couple of hundred miles, but they have gotten quieter since then. The one downside compared to the PSS tires is that I am now limited to 168 mph. Which make the trip to Walmart pretty boring.

idaho

Established Member
I'm not really concerned with max dry weather traction, and not planning to increase power much over stock. Just looking for a tire that won't turn into a hockey puck when temps drop below 40 and something I can actually move/drive the car when it's 20-30 degrees without damaging the tires.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...oModel=Mustang Shelby GT500&autoModClar=Coupe

David

I like the AS/3 tires. I sold my performance winter tires because they are no longer needed. These work just as well on non-snow roads and don't self-destruct. No problem below 20deg. For street use, they seem better than stock in every condition.

David Neibert

Established Member
Thanks for all the responses. I think these tires will work fine for how I use the car and more importantly they will extend my driving season. The only time it would be driven on something other than a dry road is if I was on a road trip, so driving in rain or snow isn't really going to happen very often. As I mentioned earlier, biggest issue I've got with the stock GY tires, is not being able to drive the car below 40 degrees.

Only thing I'm not really liking about these Pilot Sport All Season tires, is that the tread width is the same 10.0" on front and rear tires if using stock sizes.

David

Users who are viewing this thread