Anyone using oilless triple ball bearing turbos

mhyjek

Established Member
Saw some info looks like it can make it easier for fabrication and piping options.
What are the pro's and con's maybe Dustin/CPR can chime in here?

sspstangbanger

Pushrod Killer!
Established Member
I run a comp oilless triplex ball bearing turbo on my car.
Call S&H Turbo and talk to Jeremy or Bobby about them. They use them on their stealth kits for 3V and Coyote and have been running them for years even on their personal cars.

mhyjek

Established Member
What kind of power are you making looks like from your sig a ton!

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Really not a big fan of the oilless turbos or any other comp turbo.

From what I've seen they tend to make less power then a precision equivalent turbo

mhyjek

Established Member

From what I've seen they tend to make less power then a precision equivalent turbo

How much less like 10%? Seems like the longevity and the ease of installation is worth a little less power. From the kit I saw on another forum it can be installed on a lift with in less than 6 hours without losing k member or sway bar.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
How much less like 10%? Seems like the longevity and the ease of installation is worth a little less power. From the kit I saw on another forum it can be installed on a lift with in less than 6 hours without losing k member or sway bar.

As far as longevity goes we've yet to have a single turbo failure when using Precision, Bullseye or Boig

But we picked up 300rwhp on one of our cars by switching from a comp 76/78 to a precision 7675.

mhyjek

Established Member
As far as longevity goes we've yet to have a single turbo failure when using Precision, Bullseye or Boig

But we picked up 300rwhp on one of our cars by switching from a comp 76/78 to a precision 7675.
Wow that is a big difference!

mhyjek

Established Member
How are they working? Are they making the expected power or less?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Precision? Really? Countless threads out there on PTE failures...countless.

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
oiless are junk, comp turbo themselves suck from my personal experience. Had the same experience as JPC swapped turbos made better power.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Precision? Really? Countless threads out there on PTE failures...countless.

There's a Comp sitting on my front counter that's seized up after 3 dyno pulls too.

A properly installed and setup precision is very un likely to fail. Not saying any turbo is "fail proof" but I've been using Precision for years without issue. We havne't had one turbo failure yet with our 7675 Precision Turbo's installed in our kit.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
There's a Comp sitting on my front counter that's seized up after 3 dyno pulls too.

A properly installed and setup precision is very un likely to fail. Not saying any turbo is "fail proof" but I've been using Precision for years without issue. We havne't had one turbo failure yet with our 7675 Precision Turbo's installed in our kit.

Fair enough. They had quite a bad run there for a while. Was lots of drama with them and Garrett if I remember right. Hopefully they got it all figured out.

sspstangbanger

Pushrod Killer!
Established Member
I think it depends on the wheel you choose with the Comp Turbos.
Triangle Speed Shop has ran them for a while with good results. As well as Jeremy @ S&H Turbo Kits.
Both made good power.
I went from a Bullseye Billet to my Comp Billet and saw a big gain. My turbo is not a shelf unit and is full billet on wheels and center section and spools extremely fast.(like a nitrous switch)

I have seen off the shelf Comp turbos be less than impressive but my billet 80mm makes the same power as a Precision PT88 does

mhyjek

Established Member
I think it depends on the wheel you choose with the Comp Turbos.
Triangle Speed Shop has ran them for a while with good results. As well as Jeremy @ S&H Turbo Kits.
Both made good power.
I went from a Bullseye Billet to my Comp Billet and saw a big gain. My turbo is not a shelf unit and is full billet on wheels and center section and spools extremely fast.(like a nitrous switch)

I have seen off the shelf Comp turbos be less than impressive but my billet 80mm makes the same power as a Precision PT88 does
Where do you have yours mounted by the cat? Looked at S&H setup and seems if you get the billet wheel and correct size you can make a killer power and not have all the fitment issues. I would like to see a single on 2015 v6 I think if done right might be my next build in a couple of years. If not do it on 2015 5.0.

MRSUPRA

Established Member

I've seen the same thing. I can remember a guy on supraforums switching out his comp oilless turbo for the same size Precision turbo, and it made over 100rwhp more with the precision at the same boost. And I've heard of other examples of the comp oiless turbo's not making the power they should.

Users who are viewing this thread