Anyone using FORScan to tweak factory settings?

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Is anyone using FORScan to tweak factory settings? As you may (or may not) know, FORScan is software (a hex editor, I think), used in conjunction with a specific type of OBDII adapter, that enables you to make changes to your vehicle's default modules' settings. It is designed especially for Ford, Mazda, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles.....

My question is: on my 2010 Roush (basically a Mustang GT), can I use FORScan to adjust or disable TPMS? I like to run ~26-28psi in my tires, and often this sets off the TPMS "Low Tire Pressure" warning. I'd like to adjust the TPMS warning threshold to a lower psi number, or just disable TPMS entirely. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I just started using it on my 2012 F150. I would say to do a google search for forscan 2010 mustang. There seem to be quite a few Excel docs floating around that document all the known things you can change, pretty sure I saw TPMS stuff for my truck but wasn't interested in changing it.

1320goat

Established Member
I've changed a few things on my F350 and Focus RS with forscan. Most notably, I can type in my GPS while driving and disabled tpms.You can change the numerical values of your tpms, they may vary from vehicle to vehicle. As stated above, you may be able to find your "as built data" online for your vehicle. Before you make changes, be sure to save your "as built data". I use my laptop and a wireless obd link via Bluetooth.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Well, this should be fun. I just ordered a ELM327 dongle with USB connector and the HS/MS switch. I've been studying up at the FORScan Forum. Damn, this is some interesting software, but it looks like you can get into a lot of trouble with it, LOL!

As 1320goat suggests, I will surely back up the 'as built data' prior to doing anything. :eek:

Guys, are these settings changed if I reload various tunes using my SCTx4????

Thanks

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Well, this should be fun. I just ordered a ELM327 dongle with USB connector and the HS/MS switch. I've been studying up at the FORScan Forum. Damn, this is some interesting software, but it looks like you can get into a lot of trouble with it, LOL!

As 1320goat suggests, I will surely back up the 'as built data' prior to doing anything. :eek:

Thanks

There’s only a handful of places that overlap and not sure how it would pan out. If I forscan to change my tire size and change it again with SCT id imagine SCT wins out because it was more recent but not sure. Most of the forscan changes are NOT in the ecm but other modules - ie body control, steering column control etc

i downloaded my as built and also downloaded the stock config from the truck itself just to be sure.

13BlackGT

Established Member
Is anyone using FORScan to tweak factory settings? As you may (or may not) know, FORScan is software (a hex editor, I think), used in conjunction with a specific type of OBDII adapter, that enables you to make changes to your vehicle's default modules' settings. It is designed especially for Ford, Mazda, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles.....

My question is: on my 2010 Roush (basically a Mustang GT), can I use FORScan to adjust or disable TPMS? I like to run ~26-28psi in my tires, and often this sets off the TPMS "Low Tire Pressure" warning. I'd like to adjust the TPMS warning threshold to a lower psi number, or just disable TPMS entirely. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks

Yes, I disabled my tps in 2013 mustang so I can run 24 psi in my drag radials
Turning down the set point lower than stock minimum didn’t work but disabling did

91 coupe, 93 coupe, 13 Gt

Last edited:

13BlackGT

Established Member

Thanks

I have my tpms disabled in the as-built data and it stays that way no matter what tune I load
Tire size the X4 would probably take over

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
GO into the as built and save any of the files before you change them on your PC, then you have backup if you mess something up.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
GO into the as built and save any of the files before you change them on your PC, then you have backup if you mess something up.

Oh yeah, I totally plan on this as 'Step 1'.... ;)

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Yep. I shut off the TPMS sensors on my 2013 GT/CS because I run DR's at 18 psi. Plus I just deleted the sensors when I put my TF wheels on.

13BlackGT

Established Member
Do you have the spreadsheet for the 2013 or even just the address number and setting to do this?

I don’t know if any spreadsheet but this works on my car and several others that I have done

726-02-01
0000 0000 xxxx disabled
726-02-01
03C0 2323 xxxx enabled or 2121 if 32psi instead of 35

Users who are viewing this thread