Anyone used there Droid X as an "In car camera"??

jster171

CRACKER
Established Member
I am doing a trackday next month and and am considering using my Droid X with a windshield mount to record my sessions in HD. Anyone done this? Each session is about 30 minutes long and there will be 4-5 sessions. I can take my laptop to upload the vids after each session to keep my memory card space free. I'm mainly concerned about vibration etc. Any input/tips are appreciated.

SpectorV

Established Member
sounds like it would work, do some tests to see how bad the vibrations are to see if the end result is worth doing. They may make mounts that absorb more shock than others to keep it more stable.

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
I haven't used it as an in car camera, but I know there is an app that you can use to record while driving and having it connected to your car mount from motorola. The App is called DailyRoad Voyager. This is the app. DailyRoads Voyager

Also, the motorola car mount is nice, but does have some vibration. I don't think you need the motorola car mount to use the app. You can use a 3rd party mount or your own if you can make one.

Last edited:

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I streamed my roadtrip a while back live.

Not quite what you're asking, but might be useful info.

I just used my droid as a wifi tether for my laptop, then used a webcam stuck up on the sunvisor and streamed it via ustream.tv you can set it to record there as well and then you wouldnt have to mess with uploading or anything.

The only problem is if your connection drops during your lap then you didnt save anything.

Jefe

Established Member
Used my Galaxy S Vibrant(720P) and couldn't find a mount that wouldn't shake the phone. Makes the feed awful

Users who are viewing this thread