Anyone used the Kenny Brown Seat Extenders yet..???

kom

Established Member
Has anyone used the Kenny Brown seat extenders yet? My seat position is "ok" right now but it would be much better if it were about 2 inches further back so I can straighten my legs a little more..

http://www.kennybrown.com/images/jpegs/Seat-Rail-Extenders.jpg

I may try this free adjustment first as this may take care of the problem.

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/samajmseats.htm
Also, I found the seats to be very narrow. My shoulders feel like they are hanging out past the edge of the seat. I'm 6'0" 235LBS. I don't know how guys bigger than me fit in these things. Maybe I feel that way because I drove an Impala SS for 4 years before getting this car...

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
I did the drill and tap mod on my '95 Cobra because leg room was bad in that car (I'm 6'2"). So I automatically ordered Kenny B's extenders when I found that my '03 had arrived at the dealer.

Well, the '03 has lots more leg room than the '95. It was so much better that I sent the extenders back.

Be careful if you want to install them. The instructions say that additional holes have to be drilled through the floor pan.

Last edited:

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
I have the Kenny Brown seat extenders but no car yet. (I am 6'7"at least). So I'm gonna need all the room I can get. And yes you have to drill two holes through the floor pan. The kenny brown people say it gives something like 5" of extra seat travel, they also say the font seat should almost touch the back. This was why I bought a Lightning in the first place. I sat in an 01 Cobra and couldn't turn the wheel (both of my knees were pined up against it). So I'm putting the seat extenders in the car on day number 1. Which should be sometime during the week of the 23rd. I will take and post pics of the entire process.

prez1967

Established Member
people who have either installed the extenders or done the free mod....

Do you guys have any trouble reaching the steering wheel or shifter from that far back?

the only reason I bought a fox is because I have a little more room in there under stock conditions... The day after I bought my car I saw that KB was offering its extenders, what luck...

3rdstang

Established Member
I'm 6'1" and it is a pretty tight fit. I have the seat back and down as far as it will go. If you guys do put the KB stuff in post back and let us know how it went.

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
I had the Kenny Brown Seat rails installed last week along with the SFC's. I live in Indy and the work was done at KB. The Seat now goes back far enough to touch the rear seat. These new rails also stop the seat flex that used to give me the belt pinch under hard acceleration (which seems to happpen alot, the acceleration that is). My only complaint is that the seat is slightly higher than stock and my head room is slightly comprimised. It's fine, but I won't be growing a fro. (actually impossible for me). I only needed about another 1" to 1"1/2 for the comfort i was looking for. They didn't get the lumbar hooked back correctly and I am going to take it back in. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread