Anyone use Sonus kits before??

Fanged03

Established Member
I'm looking into getting the Sonus kits offered on Autopia. I was just wondering if anyone has used them before and could offer any advice. I'm looking at the PC kit, base perfect shine kit and the perfect shine top coat kit. They use Klasse and Pinnacle products. I'm just starting to get into the detailing stuff and learning and researching alot. So I figured I would start using a nicely put together kit and slowly expand my horizons.

Thanks,
Brent

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
i have the pc kit and it was worth it, got rid of a lot swirl marks and minor scratches. most everything from autopia is great. the perfect shine kit is awesome, i was able to make my car almost like a mirror in some spots.

Last edited:

O4COBRA

Established Member
The Sonus PC kit is a great kit. A PC will make your work much better. I used to do everything by hand myself, until I found Autopia.org. Have you used that website at all. Also, what color is your Cobra? It depends on what color the Cobra is as far as a product recommendation. If you haven't used Autopia.org, let me know, I will send you some links to threads that will aid you in your PC travel. Premiumautocare.com has everything you for your detail products. I personally would recommend Poorboy's World, Pinnacle, Meguiar's, Menzerna, ClearKote. Shoot me a PM if you want some tips from a former nervous PC buyer? Here are some of my latest work, I was in your shoes just 6 months ago, so just practice on a friends car first, then try the Cobra!

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46391
http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46059

Last edited:

jonw440

Established Member
Try their new SFX line of pads and polishes.
I tried them this week and was frickin amazed at the gloss I got from a 2004 Durango (black).
Here is my write up.
Here is my view on the polishes.

I had to try these polishes on my Silver Ram (Wife had her Black Durango) But will be able to evaluate these polishes on hers tomorrow.
I did and it was more awsume than with the silver!!

The SFX-1 is a really aggressive but safe polish if that makes sense. I was kind of apprehensive to use such a “gritty” polish on my truck as the paint has been kept up by an “Autopian”.

I used the yellow SFX pad and set the PC to 4.5 and with light pressure started working the polish for about 2 minutes on a 2’x2’ area. Then I cranked the speed up to almost 6 and with no pressure just the pc weight kept polishing until it started to dry. I then wiped off the remaining residue and was amazed there where NO polishing marks at all!! Instead the paint was very reflective! (I even looked from all angles in the sun and could NOT find a single polish mark.

The defect I was working on is a deep scratch and the SFX1 rounded the scratch to the point I could barely see it unless I looked from the side.

Now I switched to the SFX-2 and the White pad. Working the same area I set the PC on 4 and buffed the same way I did with the SFX-1. This time like before the end of the polishing resulted in a very shiny finish. I wiped the remaining polish off and could NOT believe the gloss!

Now on to the final product, the SFX3. This polish didn’t really enhance the shine as much as the SFX-2 did, but it did make a slight difference.

I also polished three areas. One polished with just SFX1, the next with SFX-2,and SFX3 and the third with just SFX-3. The SFX-3 seems very very mild as a polish and didn’t do much for bringing the gloss up any compared to an un polished area. (The reason might be because of the Klasse SGx3 on the truck)

The SFX-1 PROS:

Very aggressive polish

Won’t swirl the hell out of the paint

A Little goes a long way

Stays workable (wet) long enough for deep polishing if needed

No Haze when finished (Remember this is on Silver)

Washed out of pads easy

SFX-1 CONS:

Smells bad. Can you say “Cat Piss”? WOW it really does smell like “Tom Cat spray”

SFX-2 PROS

Enhances the shine really well

Stays workable for a long time

A Little goes a long way

Did I mention it really makes the paint shine?

No polishing marks

Washed out of pads easy

SFX-2 CONS

None so far

SFX3 PROS

Washes out of pads easy

Very gentile

Polishes paint to a nice shine.

Stays workable

No residue when done polishing

The SFX Pads are FANTASTIC!! I used my Sonus DAS backing plate with these pads. WOW are they stiff! I wasn’t sure I I liked the stiffness at first but once I started to use them I really like them! They also wash out great using the Sonus Der Wunder wash.

The Velcro looks like it bonded for a long time.

The only complaint I have with the pads is if I ever change the storage bag they come in I wont have a reference to which pad goes with what polish

Could you some how have the pads made with “SFX1”, or “Compound” or something to reference the pad to the polish printed on the pad it self?

That’s about it for my review. I will report on these polishes and also the Autoglym on the Black Durango tomorrow night.

I will recommend this to one of my customers who is waiting to hear how I liked these pads and polishes.

I can honestly say THESE THREE Polishes are NOW MY FAVORITE POLISHES to use and to recommend!!!!

Thanks for a great new set of products.

I can honestly say, to date I have NEVER used a Sonus product I didn’t think was the best in it’s class!!]

Sonus Polishes and Pads

blowngt

Established Member
Another satisfied customer here!! You could probably save a few bucks if you pieced the buffer and pads seperately, but I wanted to make sure I had everything I needed, so I ordered from Autotopia.

Fanged03

Established Member
Hey Jon,

hahahahaha i forgot i put this post up in here and i was checking out autopia and read this post there just the other night. Good job very informative. I'm not too worried about the money part, it'll all be a christmas gift and it makes it easier for my mom when she is ordering something she has no clue about hahaha. Thanks for the info guys.

Brent

Users who are viewing this thread