Anyone use PK machine in MA?

lxfiveo

Established Member
damn, paul is building me a dart sbf in prep for a turbo. bryant crank, oliver rods, cp pistons, etc. all the goodies. I just don't want to blow the damn thing up.

That's exactly what I had until the thrust bearing was mashed into my crank. I find the Eagle ones to be an excellent alternative for far less money. Sonny Bryant's will save you some money at the machine shop though as they should come right out of the box dead to nuts. Problem is that an Eagle crank with the added machine shop work (possible grinding, balancing, etc.) is still going to be half what a Sonny Bryant is....and neither of them will hold up to a thrust bearing issue in a turbo car. My CP's and oliver rods are all still holding up perfectly in an A4 block at 28 pounds of boost from an 88mm turbo.

By the way, you could get a second quote from Boucher's in Rowley, MA. They aren't cheap either, but they turn stuff around very quickly and do top notch work. There are a ton of their motors running at NED in much bigger, badder cars than our little 302's. lol

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
small block with nitrous ,8.90@ 153 running out of spray in a test session,i havent got all the bugs out yet but it should go an easy 8.50 the way it is I hope , I was at Tasca with it and it did not want to cooperate, it stood up on the bumper twice instead of going straight
out it went up

so is this you?? If so......nice work and hope to see your car around!
DSC_1481.jpg

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member
small block with nitrous ,8.90@ 153 running out of spray in a test session,i havent got all the bugs out yet but it should go an easy 8.50 the way it is I hope , I was at Tasca with it and it did not want to cooperate, it stood up on the bumper twice instead of going straight
out it went up

you got a 7531 box in the car?

Users who are viewing this thread