Anyone use abclighters.combefore?

4601S/C

Established Member
I ordered a .357 from them just under 2 weeks ago. They said the order had been filled,shipped, and should [according to their site] arrive within 7-14 business days. I wasn't too worried until I got curious and decided to Google their name. I came across several reviews on a review site that basically showed them as a fraudulent company. I wanted to see if anyone here had experience with them. I'm a bit worried I may have been had...

EDIT: Just wanted to update this for anyone who is thinking about using abclighters: It took them the full 15 business days to get it done, but the lighter arrived (they list the USA as "domestic", but they ship directly from China). It wasn't quite what I was expecting. Overall it's a lot cheaper than it appears in Rock n Rolla. Mine lights unreliably and sort of backfired twice (didn't burn me, but did surprise me). flame is small even at full adjustment, but once it's lit it stays lit. I have had to rebuild within an hour of owning it due to the lighting issue. It got a bit worse and the lighting element at the end of the barrel fell out of the lighter! I had to take it partially apart (the butt of the gun wouldn't come apart). Took a little bit of time and patience, but I got it working better than it was initially. It now lights on every strike. I also had to dremel two of the "bullet chambers" to make all of the bullets fit properly. There is still a clearance issue with the cylinder and the mechanism that makes it rotate, but I would need to sand down the bullets significantly to fix that, which I don't want to do at this time.

P.S.: For those that have an issue with it lighting consistently the striker at the rear carries an electrical charge (it has a piezo striker) through a lead to the front of the barrel. There is a small hole at the back of the burner that allows the spark to ignite the butane. During shipping and/or use the lead fell off this hole on my lighter. I had to reposition the lead back into it's proper place then strategically place super glue at two points to adhere the lead to the butane tube. I decided to put one of the super glue spots at the tip of the lead (you need a bit of luck and a steady hand to get just the right amount in the just the right place). Make sure it's a dry enough to hold everything in place before you snap everything back together (BE CAREFUL NOT MESS UP THE TRIGGER! I let a few pieces get out of place on my trigger and it was quite annoying having to work everything back into place since it doesn't easily come apart at the handle!). When it's going back together also take care not to crush the butane line. It will want to keep falling out of the barrel.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread