Anyone upgraded to the MACH 1000 audio?

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
Hey guys.. I realyl want to upgrade to the MACH 1000 amps/subs, and would like to know If it is just a plug and play with the factory 460 setup.

Also, It looks as if the 1000 amp rack goes in place of the 460's rack.. what would have to be done with the speakers/tweeters in the stock 460 rack?

Anyone have any useful info for me?

homer302

Banned
Basically plug and play. If you look in your trunk under your spare tire cover there are 4 rubber grommets in the floor. The Mach1000 amp rack mounts in those holes. You don't do away with any amps. The harness that runs to the rear 460 amp rack plugs into the mach1000 harness, runs through that and then there is a connector that plugs back into the stock 460 amps. Also the stereo is different. Then there is a power wire that runs up to the battery through the car. Also the Mach 1000s had a different trunk liner.
Classic Design Concepts made a kit for this back in the day. I have one of these including the Mach 1000 head unit, amps, subs wiring harness, instructions and all. They were $1,200 new. I can take pictures if you want to see what something looks like.

Last edited:

02reaper

Established Member
Basically plug and play. If you look in your trunk under your spare tire cover there are 4 rubber grommets in the floor. The Mach1000 amp rack mounts in those holes. You don't do away with any amps. The harness that runs to the rear 460 amp rack plugs into the mach1000 harness, runs through that and then there is a connector that plugs back into the stock 460 amps. Also the stereo is different. Then there is a power wire that runs up to the battery through the car. Also the Mach 1000s had a different trunk liner.
Classic Design Concepts made a kit for this back in the day. I have one of these including the Mach 1000 head unit, amps, subs wiring harness, instructions and all. They were $1,200 new. I can take pictures if you want to see what something looks like.

Take some pics man. Please.

Jefe

Established Member
Depends on how much you can get it for. You will most likely get more for your money going with an aftermarket system. The Mach 1000 is good but still has limits. I liked it for what it was but wouldn't ever buy it if I wanted a good sound system. Youre also going to need to Mach 1000 deck I believe

P1020267.jpg

P1020268.jpg

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
I really like it. I used to be into the whole aftermaket big stereos and such, but I just want a clean sound with a decent amount of bass background. my dad has a 07 gt/cs with the shaker 1000 and I really like it.

baginoman

Mind over Matter
Established Member
damn for $1200 bucks, you can get yourself a great audio setup, with great subs, and will sound much better than the mach 1000 system imo

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
yeah for the cost of that...you could have a nice trick sub box made and an amp and have a killer set up. I personally wouldn't ever drop that kinda coin for that system.

I added two tens to my old GT's stock mack 460..it sounded phenominal and would go that route again

jiggen01

Established Member
i have the mach 1000 but the data cable ends are chopped up, do you thin it would work if i just spliced the data cables together?

konradr

Ford Mustang
Established Member
I added the mach 1000 to my mach 460. It is basically plug and play. Combine the hot leads and run a 8 gauge fused wire to the battery, and ground the large harness. On the data cable, if it is a coupe, take of the plastic pannel next to the back seat on the drivers side and splice the data cable wires into the mach 460 harness from the backside. Also, the mach 460 deck will work, but it will not sound as good because it doesnt have the "mach 1000" mode. I bought the mach 1000 for 250 bucks, and it worked great for me.

Users who are viewing this thread