anyone try out the tob/slave from McLeod (stock style)

lenny127

Established Member
was wondering what kind of rep these units had.... bought one for my mt82 end of last year .... used it on the trans for 3 months until the trans let go .... I re used it on the Magnum swap and it started leaking a week after install . Going with Ford part tomorrow .... should have done that to begin with .

Gruca

Established Member
I changed my stock clutch out for a McLeod Street extreme clutch with a lightened flywheel. I left the stock TOB in there as it only had 18k miles on it. Bad idea...the car shifted like crap and I had issues getting it in first and reverse. On a separate note, I broke my OPGs and had to rebuild, so while it was apart, I put in the McLeod TOB. It’s all back together now and the car shifts great.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I changed my stock clutch out for a McLeod Street extreme clutch with a lightened flywheel. I left the stock TOB in there as it only had 18k miles on it. Bad idea...the car shifted like crap and I had issues getting it in first and reverse. On a separate note, I broke my OPGs and had to rebuild, so while it was apart, I put in the McLeod TOB. It’s all back together now and the car shifts great.

I’m having this exact issue

Noctor

Established Member
Same here. Street Extreme setup for T56 Mag, McLeod TOB and they sent a different pilot bearing that I used. having issues with reverse, a whistling noise while cruising, and a strange noise upon initial crank that almost sounds starter related. Going Ford OEM TOB/Pilot bearing next week.

Users who are viewing this thread