Anyone think solid 12s is fast enuff?

Cobra03FLA

Titties & Beer!
Established Member
I have been thinking Ive got my 03 running consistent 12s now (im not the best 1/4 mile racer) and Im pretty happy with the ride. I was thinking about the pulley tune thing but IM not sure.... If your car can go over 113 in a 1/4 mile isnt that quick enough??? :shrug:

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
I say No... If this was a few years ago yes 12's would be fast enough, In todays world it seems like everyone is running 12's. 11's is the new mark to hit

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you're happy with what you have then.........be happy! Some aren't happy unless they're at the top of the heap so low 11s or high 10s are their goal. Solid 12s with ANY car is great. Only you can answer the question as to how fast you're content to go. When I first bought my Cobra and did the basic mods to bring it to 457rwhp I thought I would be content. I was for about a month and then wanted more speed. So I ported the blower and bumped the power up to 504 to the rear wheels. I was content for about another month and then started planning the next phase. But before I could start a fellow Forum member bought it. He recently raced it and I think he ran low 11s @ 123. My point is that for me personally, that probably wouldn't satisfy my need for (more) speed. So I would have swapped for a Whipple and more. Others are very satisfied with no more mods than a catback and intake. We're all different and we all have different goals. But surely everyone driving a Terminator at any level is having a ball!

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
It just dosen't matter what anyone else thinks, it's what you want to do with your car. My car is plenty fast for me on the street but I am gonna spray it a little for the dragstrip. If you are confortable with it, then that's cool! Remember, even at low 12's, your car is still faster than 95 percent of the vehicles that you will encounter on the street!

bkoe

Established Member
CobraBob said:
If you're happy with what you have then.........be happy! Some aren't happy unless they're at the top of the heap so low 11s or high 10s are their goal. Solid 12s with ANY car is great. Only you can answer the question as to how fast you're content to go. When I first bought my Cobra and did the basic mods to bring it to 457rwhp I thought I would be content. I was for about a month and then wanted more speed. So I ported the blower and bumped the power up to 504 to the rear wheels. I was content for about another month and then started planning the next phase. But before I could start a fellow Forum member bought it. He recently raced it and I think he ran low 11s @ 123. My point is that for me personally, that probably wouldn't satisfy my need for (more) speed. So I would have swapped for a Whipple and more. Others are very satisfied with no more mods than a catback and intake. We're all different and we all have different goals. But surely everyone driving a Terminator at any level is having a ball!

precisley!

excellent points!

i'm so tired of those age-old games

which is why i bought this car in the first place... you don't have to do a f-in thing!

its already a kick @ss car,
right out of the box,
weekend after weekend,
no worries

(...and its cheap, too)

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
i am working on the suspension/ tire thing to make the car leave better, not wheelhop, and use the power avalible. but i don't think i'm going the pully/chip route.i've had several race cars years back and i'm not willing to commit the time and effort it take to support another one. there has always been a fine line between a hot street car and a race car, i don't want to cross that line again. my cobra is lots of fun as is, so mabye i can resist the mod bug. ps, i'm 56 yrs old, mabye i.m too old for this stuff, lol

BenD

Established Member
Not really!

I subscribe to "ole Shel's" philosophy. That is, and I quote, "Too Much Power is Almost Enough," unquote. Sooner or later you'll encounter a new 2005 Z-06, 500 HP version. He wiil spit in your eye and blow your doors off. That ain't gonna happen to me, but again that's just me. I guarantee you it gonna happen to Sambandit either.

JerseySVT

Established Member
I guess if all you want is a quick car, yeah 12's would be enough. But if your really into racing I don't think that will get it done these days. Don't get me wrong, consistent 12's is fast. But 12 second cars are a dime a dozen now.

Users who are viewing this thread