Anyone swapped a Vortech BAP for a JMS BAP?

numbnutz

Established Member
Is it a simple swap or is the JMS more involved? The JMS is plug and play btw. Thanks all.

numbnutz

Established Member
Nothing. Per Shaun the Vortech is only capable of 17v. The JMS is 21v which is what is needed to run E85.

TEG-84

Established Member
I started with the jms It's incredibly easy. I did it in about 15 minutes.

Roushcornfed

Established Member
I have a plug and play jms bap on e85 since june and it was a simple install. It will be up for sale in about 2 weeks since im switching to a turbo kit and new fuel system.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i'll say it like I always do, a stage 1 fuel system is really the way to go, the jms are nice bap's, but your 1/3 of the way to a return style setup. why run a 30k+ car on the ragged edge of a fuel system

as your adding the bap, I would def add a f/p gauge so that you can make sure your not dropping below 55 psi

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
If you're at the point where you need an extra 4 volts to not have the fuel pressure plummet you need a fuel system.

I'm with beef on that. This is what we designed out budget E85 system for.

numbnutz

Established Member
That is what sparked the conversation. I emailed a highly reputable performance shop in So Cal for an estimate to install a return style fuel system and he told me it is not needed unless I'm going for over 750 hp. He and my tuner both said I'm fine with ID1000's and a bap. I have been back and forth a few times with a bap vs. return style fuel system to run E85.

I'm not trying to start a shit storm btw fellas.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
That is what sparked the conversation. I emailed a highly reputable performance shop in So Cal for an estimate to install a return style fuel system and he told me it is not needed unless I'm going for over 750 hp. He and my tuner both said I'm fine with ID1000's and a bap. I have been back and forth a few times with a bap vs. return style fuel system to run E85.

I'm not trying to start a shit storm btw fellas.

you will be "fine" with it, right up to the point where it fails

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Just liket terry and aaron have both stated if you are going FI and E85 it is cheap insurance to just do a fuel system while you are at it.

NickSezz

Established Member
If you're at the point where you need an extra 4 volts to not have the fuel pressure plummet you need a fuel system.

I'm with beef on that. This is what we designed out budget E85 system for.

We have been saying this since the BAP first become popular. It's a Band-Aid on a broken leg.

Speaking of boost-a-pumps did anyone see the boost-a-toaster?! Now that can be useful.

boost-a-toaster.jpg

[video=youtube;UUPSGvWr6xE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUPSGvWr6xE[/video]

Camron502

Established Member
Whichever reputable tuner you decide to go with, seems like you have chosen AED, do what Shaun says to do. Of course all of the vendors on here are going to tell you to buy a fuel system, why wouldn't they. Any fuel system can fail whether it's a stock system with a boost-a-pump, a budget E85 system, or a full $2,000+ return style system. If the system you choose supports your mods and horsepower level then you are fine. Get a fuel pressure gauge so you can monitor it.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Whichever reputable tuner you decide to go with, seems like you have chosen AED, do what Shaun says to do. Of course all of the vendors on here are going to tell you to buy a fuel system, why wouldn't they. Any fuel system can fail whether it's a stock system with a boost-a-pump, a budget E85 system, or a full $2,000+ return style system. If the system you choose supports your mods and horsepower level then you are fine. Get a fuel pressure gauge so you can monitor it.

LOL,

yes, great advice, that's like someone recommending a role cage be bought for a car that is running 150+ in the car. It's not because of the gobs of $$ being made. It's because it should be had for safety.

These budget e85 systems aren't killing the bear. It's to offer something for the guys that want to push the limits of the stock engine.

What makes more sense??

a 17v bAP won't supply enough fuel to the engine and it will go lean and blow the engine. so, lets band aid it with 4 more volts and now everything is perfectly fine??? LOL

That's great advice right up to where the engine blows.

There is a difference between something failing in a system, and the system just being run on the ragged edge............

Funny thing is, I guess that's the same thing along the lines of telling someone to buy a different cai because the one on the car can't be tuned, and come spend another $500 in dyno time..........

$800 invested...or, swap to lund for $450...... :)

Last edited:

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Honestly it's not about the money being made we're just trying to give you good advice.

I personally don't like to be on the ragged edge between making power and melting all of my pistons.

But that's just my 2 cents lol

Users who are viewing this thread