Anyone seen the m55 mufflers around?

b_dike

Established Member
I know they've been out of production for quite some time now, but I haven't stopped looking. I'd really like to get my hands on a set of those bad boy's.

It's been awhile since I've heard or seen anything on the web about them for sale. Anybody know someone looking to sell for a reasonable price.

mach1033

Established Member
I believe the SLP LM1's sound just like the M55's. Even if you do find someone looking to sell them they will be asking for a pretty penny.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
I sold my M-55 exhaust recently since I couldn't handle the "noise" any more. The mufflers are just a straight pipe right through (no perforation at all), so yes, they are like the LM1's. The real unique sound is probably enhanced by having the 3" tail pipes though. In any case, just saw off your original mufflers, section in some piping, and there you go.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
Not to be a douche but those "mufflers" dont have a unique "sound"....all it creates is a bunch of noise. If you install those your shit will sound as bad as the Harley toolboxes

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Not to be a douche but those "mufflers" dont have a unique "sound"....all it creates is a bunch of noise. If you install those your shit will sound as bad as the Harley toolboxes

That is about right! They sound pretty awful - unless you love the obnoxious Harley's. Still, some guys equate "noise" with "power":rollseyes

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
Im an equal opportunity hater, I hate all cars that are just obnoxious noise...mustangs...civics...harleys....hate them all! The only cars that can get away with it are exotics.

Schlangenbisse

Established Member
I want to try on obnoxious for a little and see how I like it. It's not my DD so.. maybe I'll be able to handle it in small doses.. hell, even enjoy it!

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Im an equal opportunity hater, I hate all cars that are just obnoxious noise...mustangs...civics...harleys....hate them all! The only cars that can get away with it are exotics.

:thumbsup:

I want to try on obnoxious for a little and see how I like it. It's not my DD so.. maybe I'll be able to handle it in small doses.. hell, even enjoy it!

Then this should do the trick - another rare (& obnoxious) exhaust:

99-04 COBRA irs boom tube catback 100% stainless | eBay

b_dike

Established Member
I've heard it both ways... Some hate them and others love them. Just figured I'd have to see for myself, but I'm not going to pay some outrageous amount for something I may hate.

There is a vid on utube of a termi with stock mid pipes and a m55 catback. Sounded awesome IMHO. There is another of a guy with a bassani O/R xpipe and m55's, his sounded awful...

Users who are viewing this thread