anyone seen the 2015 gt bama claims of a 10.6 Na 1/4 mile??

toomnymods

Established Member
Wanting to discuss the boss manifold that was "switched" back to the stock 2015 manifold and supposedly seen a 2/10th et improvement over the boss.. do you guys thing we might have another "low cost improvement" intake manifold to swap to instead of the costly cobrajet setup?

Angry50

Established Member
ya, its not what i would call lightly modded though. intake, full exhaust, big and littles, no seats, custom suspension, upgraded half shafts, of course the tune. i hear the new manifold has some sort of flapper valves that our ecu wouldnt be able to control

Last edited:

Angry50

Established Member
what i got from a quick research.

A new intake manifold includes charge motion control valves to partially close off port flow at lower engine speeds. This increases the air charge tumble and swirl for improved air-fuel mixing. This results in better fuel economy, idle stability and lower emissions.

The variable camshaft timing on the intake side now has a greater range of adjustment available thanks to mid-lock phasers. This enables better optimized control of the valve timing over a broader range of engine speeds and loads for improved fuel economy and emissions

FATHERFORD

Established Member
Its amazing the technology that keeps coming out.. Yea sounds like the boss manifold and twin setup is the direction i'll go then, thanks

I was advised the stock intake is better on a twin setup. The peak numbers might be slightly higher, but you would be faster with the stock manifold.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
I thought the had a 150 shot on that car?

According to American Muscle's page, they went 10.2@128 on the 150 shot and 10.6@123 N/A. I am fairly sure they added more mods and/or took out more weight on the 10.6@123 N/A run.

[video=youtube;IVcEksj4M-w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVcEksj4M-w[/video]

[video=youtube;By-JfRdA5sA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By-JfRdA5sA[/video]

phil h

Established Member
I was advised the stock intake is better on a twin setup. The peak numbers might be slightly higher, but you would be faster with the stock manifold.

Thats what i am doing on mine also. I really hate to take the boss off cause its looks so good, but for the performance i will do it.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Wanting to discuss the boss manifold that was "switched" back to the stock 2015 manifold and supposedly seen a 2/10th et improvement over the boss.. do you guys thing we might have another "low cost improvement" intake manifold to swap to instead of the costly cobrajet setup?

That's a good question and from what we found working with Bama on this is that the Boss mani was hurting the cars overall performance rather than helping it get down the track faster. They posted similar if not identical consecutive passes once they swapped it back on and there was no reason to continue using it considering it was causing the car to lose time. The car lost over 20hp on the dyno and we wanted to test it at the track to back up the dyno results and make sure that the car wasn't just having an off day.

ya, its not what i would call lightly modded though. intake, full exhaust, big and littles, no seats, custom suspension, upgraded half shafts, of course the tune. i hear the new manifold has some sort of flapper valves that our ecu wouldnt be able to control

Angry the 05-10's also had the IMRC valves that were essentially put into place in order to keep low end torque present but to open in the higher rpm range in order for maximum horsepower and performance. The guys at Bama are experimenting with the IMRC on our Comp Orange 2015 GT and they're going to have a tech article out soon about what they're there for/how they work , what can be done with them in order to make more power, the effects on torque. Ford has them there for a reason but the Bama team are working on aftermarket support to gain big power for those who want to keep them, delete them or even swap to an aftermarket manifold like the Cobra Jet.

I thought the had a 150 shot on that car?
According to American Muscle's page, they went 10.2@128 on the 150 shot and 10.6@123 N/A. I am fairly sure they added more mods and/or took out more weight on the 10.6@123 N/A run.

[video=youtube;IVcEksj4M-w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVcEksj4M-w[/video]

[video=youtube;By-JfRdA5sA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By-JfRdA5sA[/video]

Super-Just to elaborate on this they posted a 10.6 at 123mph all motor and once they put it on the bottle they bested a 10.2 at 128! Razr we're crystal clear on the mods on the car and we have absolutely nothing to hide here! This is a joint effort between AM and Bama and we're just looking to get the car down the track as fast as humanly possible! Check out the mod list below and let me know if you have any question at all, I'm happy to clear this up!

Naturally Aspirated Mods: 10.6 @ 123MPH

• Stock Intake Manifold
JLT Cold Air Intake
Bama Performance E85 Track Tune
Injector Dynamics ID1300 Injectors
Roush Boost-A-Pump
Driveshaft Shop Carbon Fiber Driveshaft
Driveshaft Shop 1400 HP Axle Half-Shafts
• Custom Exhaust (1 7/8" Long Tubes, Off-Road X Pipe, Bullet Mufflers that Dump)
• Suspension Upgrades – Custom Fabricated Suspension Parts – Stock IRS Bushings
• Weight Reduction Around ~3,450 lbs with Driver and Half-Tank
Ford Racing Light Weight Front Bumper Support
• Slicks and Skinnies – 17" Weld RTS With Mickey Thompson Front Runners – Hoosier Drag Slicks

Nitrous pass: 10.2 @ 128MPH

Nitrous Express Coyote Nitrous Kit - Plate System

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Good stuff AM/Bama and anyone else involved. That is impressive.

As for the intakes....personally, I would never do an aftermarket intake on a turbo DOHC car. If JPC going 7.70's on the stock Coyote intake isn't enough to convince people, I don't know what could...

Angry50

Established Member
Good stuff AM/Bama and anyone else involved. That is impressive.

As for the intakes....personally, I would never do an aftermarket intake on a turbo DOHC car. If JPC going 7.70's on the stock Coyote intake isn't enough to convince people, I don't know what could...

but for the people that cant afford the boost at the time if we had the option to slap a 15 manifold on the car and make gains it would be a very good option. at this time the flappers seems to be the only thing stopping us.

dennisn

Established Member
Man, if your talking 10.6 with exhaust, tune, big and littles, and a little bit of weight reduction? Seems too good to be true. Not saying impossible but that is hard to believe.

mechanicboy

Established Member
That's a good question and from what we found working with Bama on this is that the Boss mani was hurting the cars overall performance rather than helping it get down the track faster. They posted similar if not identical consecutive passes once they swapped it back on and there was no reason to continue using it considering it was causing the car to lose time. The car lost over 20hp on the dyno and we wanted to test it at the track to back up the dyno results and make sure that the car wasn't just having an off day.

Angry the 05-10's also had the IMRC valves that were essentially put into place in order to keep low end torque present but to open in the higher rpm range in order for maximum horsepower and performance. The guys at Bama are experimenting with the IMRC on our Comp Orange 2015 GT and they're going to have a tech article out soon about what they're there for/how they work , what can be done with them in order to make more power, the effects on torque. Ford has them there for a reason but the Bama team are working on aftermarket support to gain big power for those who want to keep them, delete them or even swap to an aftermarket manifold like the Cobra Jet.

So let me get this straight, the Boss and Cobra Jet intakes will bolt right onto the 15' 5.0?

Last edited:

jccobra

Established Member
I was there and that car was running awesome. Whoever was driving could launch that car I need him to drive my supercharged car.

scotmach

Established Member
Justin from JPC driving it?

For all we know he may have tuned it as well. JPC and Bama does have a partnership behind the scenes from what I've heard.

Users who are viewing this thread