Anyone running these cams yet??

venom279

Established Member
I know it's not an 03' Cobra, but my 00'R's cams are .512 int and .480 exh. Let me tell you there is nothing like hearing a mod motor with a good healthy dose of rumpty rump, especially when it's ran through flowmasters!!

Those cams listed for S/C applications look like they are right on the money for a blower set-up, but is $1,000 for the cams and another $1,000 for the labor to have them put in really worth 50-75hp, knowing all the other great goodies that you guys can put on your cars?? I guess it is just a matter of personal choice!!

:beer:

SStupid

Established Member
Inner belt

Originally posted by davidmax
Add over 1200 in labor to R&R the entire motor!If your already going to use cams get gthem from Sean (SHM),there less than 1/2 the price and you can expect 60+ rrwhp as has been demonstrated on my car which at 14 Lbs of boost at (6800 rpm I believe) laid down over 800 rrwhp.
I also think alot more of you should consider the Procharger over KBell both great the Centrifical 1 has a fun factor of 10+ the KB is P.B.&J nutritious and lots of power,the ATI has more Jelly for more energy.Just my 2Cents worth I would love to share the experience of ATI with all,Dave S.

My buddy has a centrifugal supercharger. I don't know which brand he is using, but it utilizes some sort of inner-belt drive and that belt keeps trashing on him. I like reliability. I'll stick with the roots/twin-screw style blowers. I notice his seems more temperature sensitive, as well. I'm not saying ours are great performers in the heat, but his really loses power on those 96% humidity, 98-degree days.

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
Originally posted by coleman
might one really expect to sacrifice drivability with cams like these?
OH YES,.....my 97 has cams/heads. Drivability SUCKS! My 03 makes 1/3 more torque and drives like stock. I ain't gonna screw wit ha good thing.

Killer Cobra

Established Member
Yeah, you all are right. No need to crack open the motor. Our stock cams do the job well. Maybe when something breaks and the heads need to be pulled might be a good time to toss some big cams in. But still, that would sound bad ass!

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
I only post ed my opinion on this matter, as I agree there are many other things you can do to the car to get power out of it, but in my case I am running out of things to do to the car, and I am going for one of the most extreme daily driven 03 cobras. I have a KB 30+ lbs. of boost, longtubes, exhaust NOS, hardened half shafts, and about anything else you can name for thses cars, I am just taking my time and enjoying the modding process, This winter I will do the cams and something hopefully with the heads as well, I am already to the point where I am maxxing out the 55lb injectors and now it is time to go to low Imp. injectors, so I will most likely just throw a whole DFI setup in the car why I am at it, remeber this is my daily driver to go along with my harley, which will have a KB shortly as well. I just posted my views on the cams as I am running out of things to do to the car. That I feel would net any gain, Cams just seem logical to replace on my quest for more POWER. I may indeed be nuts but I am not going to stop till I am statisfied.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Originally posted by HAVEIGHT 13R
I only post ed my opinion on this matter, as I agree there are many other things you can do to the car to get power out of it, but in my case I am running out of things to do to the car, and I am going for one of the most extreme daily driven 03 cobras. I have a KB 30+ lbs. of boost, longtubes, exhaust NOS, hardened half shafts, and about anything else you can name for thses cars, I am just taking my time and enjoying the modding process, This winter I will do the cams and something hopefully with the heads as well, I am already to the point where I am maxxing out the 55lb injectors and now it is time to go to low Imp. injectors, so I will most likely just throw a whole DFI setup in the car why I am at it, remeber this is my daily driver to go along with my harley, which will have a KB shortly as well. I just posted my views on the cams as I am running out of things to do to the car. That I feel would net any gain, Cams just seem logical to replace on my quest for more POWER. I may indeed be nuts but I am not going to stop till I am statisfied.

You ARE nuts. Wish I had the ability to toss caution to the wind and try things out. Why not go for it and see what results. Keep us posted. I'd love to hear an 03 with cams.

Last edited:

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
Trust me I will go for it as you put it. I will be satisfied at some point and time, rightaround a 1000 rwhp on the bottle guessign like 108 lb injectors DFI, and a little NOS to boot.:D

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Haveight,

Wanna sell those 55LB injectors that are on your car>??? Mine is at JDM too and I need some injectors. :) If ya wanna work something out let me know. Thanks, -Mat-

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
It broke half way through the dyno the darm plastic coupler broke or melted or disengrated something like that but at 3800 rpms like high, high 500's, and mid 600's in Trq, as soon as it is tuned I will post and let everyone know.:thumbsup:

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
f you are to remove the snout on the eaton or the KB there is a plastic peice that goes on the snout that alllow the snout to be turned by the rotor packs in the blower itself without this piece it just turns freely and can spin in circles all day with no resistance what so ever .:D

coleman

Established Member
like a plastic gear? ... that seems odd unless it's there to break first before something else does like a fuse.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I am not sure if I understand. This peice should not be removed correct? From what you said, it sounds like you are saying if someone takes it off there is no more resistance? Or are you just saying that it will spin freely, meaning, the rotor packs will no longer be able to spin it?

Did you take it off or something?

dougwg

Established Member
it's simular to a "Love-Joy" connecter....

It couples the blower snout shaft to the gears inside the Blower.

Users who are viewing this thread