anyone running the termi hood with the 99-01 bumper?!

70Maverick

Established Member
mazu6unu.jpg

yta5y3a9.jpg

Here's an Termi hood with get bumper. Doesn't look bad at all.

01 Bumpers just don't look good. That "hump" is bizarre and out of place looking. And when you are buying used and having to paint it anyway, why in the world would anyone not get a Terminator bumper? :shrug:

^^^That up there is evidence in fact how terrible it looks. Look at that first picture. Those gaps are horrific. I don't know the owner or the story behind the pictures but I think whoever took those pictures was trying to show how bad it looks in fact, not how good.

EDIT - I WILL admit that if you paint the center portion black (which, in effect is hiding that bizarre "hump" in the middle as I said above) it does look better and the MACH chin does WONDERS for it as well. They can be made to look decent. My point is, if I am spending money on parts, paint and labor, no way in hell am I doing that on a 99-01 bumper. I would sell it to some 99-01 lover and take the money and buy a Terminator bumper. Nothing wasted that way. I guess the OP already has that bumper installed and painted. In that case, I would buy a cervini's hood.

Last edited:

70Maverick

Established Member
(Supermariosvt's cobra)

9504633707_a4a7f6ff88_b.jpg

Why is the right side (in the picture, left side on the car) like 1-2 inches higher at the end of the hump than the left? This is not an example of how they look good IMO. This looks worse than most. I am certain the car is amazing and it is obviously well taken care of and loved. Could have 2,000 HP and only 200 original miles. That is not what we are discussing. There are plenty of flaws with all my cars, not saying that either. But I am saying if I was trying to make a case for this bumper, this picture does not help. It's all twisted and you can see the entire bottom of the bumper cover all the way to the back.

Last edited:

98_Undertaker

Established Member
01 Bumpers just don't look good. That "hump" is bizarre and out of place looking. And when you are buying used and having to paint it anyway, why in the world would anyone not get a Terminator bumper? :shrug:

^^^That up there is evidence in fact how terrible it looks. Look at that first picture. Those gaps are horrific. I don't know the owner or the story behind the pictures but I think whoever took those pictures was trying to show how bad it looks in fact, not how good.

EDIT - I WILL admit that if you paint the center portion black (which, in effect is hiding that bizarre "hump" in the middle as I said above) it does look better and the MACH chin does WONDERS for it as well. They can be made to look decent. My point is, if I am spending money on parts, paint and labor, no way in hell am I doing that on a 99-01 bumper. I would sell it to some 99-01 lover and take the money and buy a Terminator bumper. Nothing wasted that way. I guess the OP already has that bumper installed and painted. In that case, I would buy a cervini's hood.

Maybe because everyone and there mother has a Terminator bumper :shrug: and personally I hate the way they look unless you have a H/E or FMIC behind it...Different people like different things, and like it was said the 99/01 front looks a helluva lot meaner than the Terminator front.

Example:

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member

LOL terminator bumpers look like ass on anything other than a terminator. They don't match any lines on a gt or any other mustang other than an 03/04. I'll never understand the appeal to that

Oh and the fact that you quoted a car with a GT bumper makes me laugh

94_Vert

Established Member
I agree they need the chin spoiler, otherwise that curve makes it look like it got too hot and warped.

70Maverick

Established Member
Oh and the fact that you quoted a car with a GT bumper makes me laugh

Not sure if serious? :dw:
It clearly shows how awful the hood looks with the wrong front bumper. maybe you forgot the OP question I guess? You think the 99-01 Cobra bumper is any different where it meets the hood?
:shrug:

70Maverick

Established Member
Yea, but it's kinda like a ugly woman with a nice haircut. It takes the attention away from her face somewhat, lol.

LMAO..........

nice boobies maybe, nice haircut would draw attention to her face I think! :D

Nice boobies make you not want to look at her face....:banana::pepper::banana:

70Maverick

Established Member
Different people like different things

Well stated and a very intelligent point. That's what makes the world go around. He asked for opinions so that means not everyone will agree. I just gave mine.

EDIT: I should have really used the multi-quote option I guess! Too late now. Sorry for multi-posting.

Last edited:

baller1svtcobra

Established Member
the best look that ive seen so far from these posts is the 01 bumper with the '95 cobra r hood. also with the terminator chin spoiler.

the mach 1 chin spoiler is too much plastic for me lol

61mmstang94

Established Member
I think this looks better than an 03-04 cobra bumper to the guy saying "who would buy anything but an 03/04 bumper if they're painting".

23351d1297288522-frontthreeqtr.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread