Anyone running the Exedy Mach600 clutch?

PM-Performance

Established Member
So Brenspeed built this car for the prior owner and went pretty balls to the wall with the entire build, but for some reason put an Exedy Mach600 in it.

I looked online and looks like this thing is only "rated" for 587ft/lbs so I cannot imagine this thing lasting long at all.

So the joke here is it is a TVS car and turned all the way down taking all the power out of it far exceeds the rating. I planned to throw a drag radial on it, but now I am second guessing if this is going to toast this clutch pretty quickly.

Any insight from anyone with experience with this cluch before I kill a relatively newer clutch

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
I replaced my failed OEM clutch with a Spec SS. In my opinion, I would not replace the Exedy preemptively, unless you are already doing work on the engine or transmission that would require either of them to be removed. Don't let it keep you from enjoying the car in the manner you intended when you purchased it. Try to avoid slipping the clutch as much as possible. If and when your clutch fails, replace it with a beefier unit that will better suit your driving style and power and performance goals.

PM-Performance

Established Member
I cant believe only 1 response. lol. I guess everyone balls out to a twin disc!
Thanks for your input @SCGallo2. Yea I was not planning on taking it out until I toast it, but was curious how long I could possibly have with it from others' experience.
There is not much slip in this thing though. Its on/off. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread