Anyone running the Eibach prostreet s coilovers on their car?

Fang

Established Member
Looking at getting some and was wanting some thoughts on your experience with them. Not a track car or anything just for ride height adjustability and better overall suspension feel. I have the non performance pack shocks with FRPP lowering springs and it feels kind of sloppy. Thoughts?

barspen

Established Member
I don't have any first hand experience with coilover (so take this with a grain of salt), but from doing a lot of research, they are not necessarily a good choice for a street car. The ride quality may vary, but it's generally the very high-end brands (JRi and MCS) that seem to have a better reviews for street manners. Those will set you back $3-6K.

Unless you are doing road course duty, a quality adjustable stuck and strut kit will probably be the best bet. Koni, FRPP/Tokico have adjustable options that will tighten up your ride.

On a side note, I have some slop in from front end and I'm planning to replace the inner\outter tie rods to see if that helps. After 72K miles and a few years of HPDE, they are likely past their useful lifespan.

Fang

Established Member
Yeah kind of thinking that but found a good deal on some for around the same price of the adj ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fang

Established Member
I don't have any first hand experience with coilover (so take this with a grain of salt), but from doing a lot of research, they are not necessarily a good choice for a street car. The ride quality may vary, but it's generally the very high-end brands (JRi and MCS) that seem to have a better reviews for street manners. Those will set you back $3-6K.

Unless you are doing road course duty, a quality adjustable stuck and strut kit will probably be the best bet. Koni, FRPP/Tokico have adjustable options that will tighten up your ride.

On a side note, I have some slop in from front end and I'm planning to replace the inner\outter tie rods to see if that helps. After 72K miles and a few years of HPDE, they are likely past their useful lifespan.

BTW, thanks for the insight. Kind of what I thought it was but hard to turn down the offer. So, with that, if you had the choice to get the FRPP adjustable ones or the Eibach coilovers, do the adjustables?

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
I recently got Eibach's R1 coilovers and from my understanding they're close to the S.
If you are not going to race the car in any form then stay away from them, I drive the car quite often so its almost like a daily and while the ride isn't harsh its defiantly a lot more firm. On bad roads or on long drives it starts to get uncomfortable, but I don't mind.

I understand your concern about hight adjustability, but as I've discovered dropping the car 1-1.5" is not bad at all. I went with full drop on the R1 which is 2.4" front and I actually liked the stance. However, it started scraping when people were with me. I'm now running 0.7" in the front and almost 1" in the rear, no problem.

The car feels lightyears better and all the other components started to come together, I was thinking of getting more hardcore parts but now I'm satisfied. The car drives a lot better but it comes at a price.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I chose the Eibach Pro Street-S coil over option when my car went through the Mod Shop in Las Vegas, I am very pleased with the performance of that option.

When I had the Super Snake order form in my hand, I could not believe the Eibach coil over was only a $100 upgrade over the FRPP non-adjustable suspension that was the standard Super Snake install. For $100 additional, it was a no-brainer to me.

013_zpsrznssjzl.jpg

If you are wanting "height adjustment" and also a "more performance" oriented suspension this works nicely on the street in my opinion.

If you do decide to look at the Eibach Pro Street-S coil overs, I can add some pictures of what to look for. You will want to make sure it is a GT500 kit. There are people who sell this kit as "Super Snake", but some are not., I have pictures of the correct springs and pictures of what is "similar", but not correct for a GT500.

R

Last edited:

Fang

Established Member
That would be great. Thanks also for the flip side. If you could show pics that would be great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Here is a side-by-side comparison. All springs shown below are Eibach Pro Street-S coilovers and all are for the S197 Mustang application........

Fronts

003_zps91faa054.jpg

Rears

004_zps9fd54aa3.jpg

Coil size Front.

GT500

001_zps67001753.jpg

Other Mustang

002_zps21985d1d.jpg

Coil size Rear.

GT500

007_zps5703a6fd.jpg

Other Mustang

006_zps685cc6c2.jpg

If you are buying "used" or even new from a private sale, make sure that it is the 35115 kit, that is GT500. The smaller coil 35101 coil springs will fit the car but will not properly support the GT500 weight, and will probably perform like a marshmellow on the corners.

R

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread