Anyone running hooker LTs and have steering shaft clearance issue?

jalock87

Established Member
I have ran these headers for about 4 years now on aluminum blocks and recently switched back to the stock engine setup and now the steering shafts is rubbing the headers. Ive tried to adjust where the K member sits and multiple other things, was wondering if there was anything that may be different between the two blocks. Im stumped at this point!

65fastback2+2

Established Member
nothing different between the blocks....have hookers on my car and the steering shaft doesnt hit em

jalock87

Established Member
Only thing I can think of at this point is that maybe the motor mounts are worn out but I'm really doubting that! It's pretty much beyond me at this point as to what would be causing this! Very frustrating though!

jalock87

Established Member
I helped a friend put kooks LT on his cobra and hes having the same issue. Aftermarket K member and brand new mounts still no luck....

Everything that would effect the way all that mounts up is stock like it would be from the factory on my car. I dont know what to do at this point. I have taken the K member back out and tried re adjusting and still had no luck. Im going to talk to my tuner and see if he has ever had this kind of trouble on an install. What gets me is that the only thing that has changed since if ran these headers in the 4 years Ive owned them is I went from aluminum to iron block. All 4v motor mounts are the same though. Was hoping maybe someone would chime in with another idea.

Users who are viewing this thread