Anyone run a new 16+ SS Camaro?

Kiohtee

Established Member
And I'd argue that if you're going to mod (especially outside the basic bolt-on category), then a 5.0 is the best option. They're proven animals when it comes to boost/nitrous and an automatic is an almost guaranteed win.

I can't wait to see what my car does!

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Been hunting for one in my pullied Eaton Terminator :) No luck yet but I bet it would be a good run but Termi FTW!

Fabian_sn95

Established Member
My buddy had a 2015 Camaro SS with full exhaust an auto, i would lay about a car on him from 40-125ish. He traded it in for the 2017 Camaro SS LT1 I believe 6 speed as well, haven't got a real good run, but we had two short runs, from 30-70 an each time by the end he had me about half car. At the time I was stock with my 2004 Cobra just muffler delete an HF catted X pipe, now I have a CAI an short shifter, not really anything to brag about but I'm looking forward to running him again an a full run. I still expect to lose by atleast 1 1/2 cars atleast.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
My buddy had a 2015 Camaro SS with full exhaust an auto, i would lay about a car on him from 40-125ish. He traded it in for the 2017 Camaro SS LT1 I believe 6 speed as well, haven't got a real good run, but we had two short runs, from 30-70 an each time by the end he had me about half car. At the time I was stock with my 2004 Cobra just muffler delete an HF catted X pipe, now I have a CAI an short shifter, not really anything to brag about but I'm looking forward to running him again an a full run. I still expect to lose by atleast 1 1/2 cars atleast.
I'm sure you are already aware of this but save up for a pulley and a tune and you'll have a solid 450whp/450torque car.

Fabian_sn95

Established Member
I'm sure you are already aware of this but save up for a pulley and a tune and you'll have a solid 450whp/450torque car.
Oh yeah, my plan is to purchase the TB combo and an actual catback exhaust before I go pulley an tune so I can make the most of the bolt ons i'll have with the tune. I'm shooting for 460-470 after pulley an tune.

StalkerStang

Established Member
I had the opportunity to run a few Camaros at the track Friday night. Overall track conditions were not great and everyone was running slow; 90 deg ambient at 7-8pm, at one point I guess DA was in the 4500 zone.

But, I did line up with what I assumed was a stock 16/17 SS. I don't know if it was an auto or stick, he did get a better r/t and 60 ft so I was already behind, but I was catching him the whole way down the track. He ran a 12.73@ 113 to my 12.77@115. If I had held him from the start or got ahead, there is no doubt I would have won.

My 11, is making nearly 440 wheel. I also ran an earlier maybe 13 SS that was cammed and he claimed to be at 480 wheel..... That was no contest, I beat him by nearly 4 tenths more than once. Same trap speed around 115 mph.

Branhammer

Established Member
After getting to drive one for a few days I can say that they are no joke. If I went up against one in my 2015 GT, three things would have to happen for me to win:

1. The Camaro is a manual.
2. The driver of said Camaro is average at best.
3. I drive flawlessly.

Zemedici

Established Member
Dont know how I didnt see this

However, ran a 16 SS with my girls car (of course was no contest as hers makes 675rwhp). Camaro was Longtubes / Intake / Tune. Car was healthy, I'd put them on par with a 15+ Mustang.

Kiohtee

Established Member
On par? A8 SS vs A6 GT will be a shit show. Every. Time. Lol

I'm anxious to see if Ford is upping their game, besides the 10 speed, for 2018.

Kiohtee

Established Member
M6 SS vs A6 GT would probably make for a really good race if I had to guess.

I'm trying to ensure my place ahead of the new SS with a CJ.

4601S/C

Established Member
Ran one last month. It was around a 40 roll up to around 80 or 90 I think. He put a car on me. He had to shift twice. I had to shift once. I think he had an auto. He had a passenger (I was alone). I have an 03 cobra with a 2.93 (not ported).

Dave M

Established Member
I was chatting with a guy at the track a couple of weeks ago with a 2017 SS auto, and I saw him run a 12.3x @ 116 ish, and it was bone stock with 200 miles on it. They are pretty serious cars from the factory for sure, and I would think twice about racing one on the street, especially the auto.

Black 5-OH

Established Member
I had the opportunity to run a few Camaros at the track Friday night. Overall track conditions were not great and everyone was running slow; 90 deg ambient at 7-8pm, at one point I guess DA was in the 4500 zone.

But, I did line up with what I assumed was a stock 16/17 SS. I don't know if it was an auto or stick, he did get a better r/t and 60 ft so I was already behind, but I was catching him the whole way down the track. He ran a 12.73@ 113 to my 12.77@115. If I had held him from the start or got ahead, there is no doubt I would have won.

My 11, is making nearly 440 wheel. I also ran an earlier maybe 13 SS that was cammed and he claimed to be at 480 wheel..... That was no contest, I beat him by nearly 4 tenths more than once. Same trap speed around 115 mph.

Mods?

calebdnehus

Established Member
Should be getting some runs soon with this

Attachments

• IMG_7988.PNG
    IMG_7988.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 243

Users who are viewing this thread