Anyone replace their 03/04 Gauge Cluster?

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Hello MACA. Loooooong time no post!!! Hope everyone has been well. I see the club has grown to over 700 members ....crazy!!

Anyhoo....my original gauge cluster lights stopped working, so I bought a used cluster and need to get it programmed. Does anyone have a dealer in the Rockville/Gaithersburg/Frederick they have worked with for this yet? My sis in law works at Sheahy, so I txt her about it already, just wondering if anyone has actually had this done locally. Thanks for any input! :beer:

rowapr

car part addict
Established Member
don't bother reprogramming, just swap parts if you have 2. it all unbolts. popping off the needles with a trim tool is the most challenging part. but with a trim tool its easy too. or, its probably the ac/dc converter on the back of the cluster that popped. speed hut makes a replacement. ill see if i have any pics from the last one i did

rowapr

car part addict
Established Member
pics wont upload for some reason, but you actually only have to swap the board in the back. pull the white plastic off the back by removing screws. there are 2 connectors 1 for the lighting and one for the odometer board. one is tiny and one is about 2 inches (ribbon cable). work the bigger one off off left to right and it should pop off. pull out main board and pull the odometer board and swap to new cluster front. reassemble and plug in. the cluster is held together with torx bits.

Users who are viewing this thread