Anyone removed MGW and reinstalled stock shifter?

TrackpackGT

Established Member
I'm trading my 14 GT, so I'm debating on installing the stock shifter. Things seem much harder going back in since that factory shifter has so many parts that go back into the shifter base. It wouldn't take long for me to get the MGW out as it's pretty fresh in my mind. The 15 GT shifter is much improved, so I'm wondering if it's worth the hassle.

TrackpackGT

Established Member
After rewatching the video, this won't be that big of a deal. I'll either have one to sell, or one in my new ride....

scott_0

Established Member
I'm pretty certain a 14 MGW will not fit a 15, they're listed separately on their site and it looks as it the length of the shifter mechanisms are different

Last edited:

TrackpackGT

Established Member
All I'll need is a shift knob adaptor that's $20, according to the lady at MGW.

scott_0

Established Member
hrmmmm wonder why they are listed separately? and it looks to me as if the top arm and shift arm are a different length compared to the 11-14 model

TrackpackGT

Established Member
I called and asked and that's what she said. I'll call back again to confirm. The swap is done! I took it out and my handy boss decided to put it back in. We work at a new car dealership, so that helps....

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
If you have a GT it will fit both the 11-14 and the 2015 GT

the only differences are if you have a v6 or ecoboost they are different. This only applies to the Race Spec . A non race spec will not fit a 2015 plus car.

The only reason we have 2 different shifter pages is because we have to include the 2011-2014 OEM inner rubber boot in the 2015 car kits and we add 5 dollars which is exact cost of that boot.

George

scott_0

Established Member
straight from the horses mouth so to speak, thanks George! I may be getting into a 2015 GT, I have a first gen race spec, will it work for me?

Users who are viewing this thread