Anyone receive random texts this morning? Messages delayed for years

jrandy

Established Member
Looks like there was a fun little bug within the text messaging infrastructure that caused some havoc this morning. Texts sent out months to years ago were delivered to the carriers, but never to the intended person. That is until this morning.

Made for a fun morning at work today for sure.

We are still waiting for proper acknowledgement and an explanation from all of the major wireless carriers, but it appears there was a snafu with text message delivery that affected them all last night. Social media is aflame with reports of text messages being delivered overnight, which were originally sent on (or around) Valentine’s Day. Though there are some reports that messages over two years old were sent as well.

The text messages appeared to have been received by the carriers when originally sent, or at least delivered to the wireless carriers’ servers, without alerting the senders to any errors. But those messages were either never properly delivered or duplicates were sent out to the intended recipients.

Awkward! Your Mushy Valentine’s Day Texts May Have Just Been Delivered Last Night

jrandy

Established Member
Damn I hope someones wife doesn't find their g/fs valentines day message

Yea - there are lots of ways for this one to have gone sideways. Getting a text from your ex two years ago and having your SO seeing it.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
OMG, that's IT!!!!

A coworker texted me this morning saying "wrong person." I responded saying I didn't text him. He sent me a screenshot of some work related text I supposedly sent him at 3am. I said "no clue man" and brushed it off. Going back through our texts, I did find that exact same text was sent to him in February, to which he did reply. So, that's that.

Users who are viewing this thread