Anyone Raced an ML55

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
A guy from work is supposed to be getting an ML 55 Mercedes or the ML500 from a co-worker. I don't expect to win, I just wondering how bad I'm going to get embarrassed. I know the ML500 is faster out of the hole but the ML55 is better on the top end. I doubt we will get past 85, so I'm hoping it to be close. My truck has cai, exhaust, FTVB, and 6lb pulley, no traction bars. I'm pretty sure the M class will be stock.

thubigdawg

GO CANES!!!
Established Member
If its the ML 500, i dont think you have any thing to worry about. The ML 55AMG is 342 hp and more than 6K total lbs. I believe you should be fine.

:beer:

irish boy

Established Member
yea i beat an ml55 in my old evo 8 and lightnings surely keep up with those on 1/4 miles from what ive read.

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
I was just wondering, I haven't had any run-ins with one since I got this truck. All I've heard is how this ML55 is the fastest suv from this guy but he's never met a Lightning from the way he talks. It will be interesting to se how it turns out Friday. I'll let you know the outcome guys, thanks.

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
You should be able to take him, they have less power and are a heavier vehicle. They're nice but not as nice as a lightning

thubigdawg

GO CANES!!!
Established Member
like i said, a ML 55 AMG, you'll have no problem at all. i would recommend that you get a little modded up ( pulley,chip,cai) and destroy the guy. by doing that he'll know not to even think about going up against a lightning again. :)

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
"...I have a 6lb pulley with the tune from RWTD, cai, exhaust, and FTVB...."

:D
As long as you don't bog or spin, he will get an experience he won't forget.

Last edited:

hevymtl

Speed Junky
Established Member
I build The M class for a living and you will win. The ML400 turbo deisel feels better than the 55. :thumbsup:

Andre

Autobahn Dept.
Established Member
Hello from Germany !

If you see a ML 55 ...... play with him !

The ML 55 was tested o-60 mph (o-100 km/h) = 6.5 seconds.

That´s not a problem for a stock Lightning!

André :burnout:

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
hevymtl said:
I build The M class for a living and you will win. The ML400 turbo deisel feels better than the 55. :thumbsup:
So do I. I'm in plant one on final 2. The guy couldn't get the M-class Friday so all I could do is rag him about talking trash and not backing it up. He said we would try to get together later on. The guy just doesn't know what a Lightning can do. I just want to be the one that does his education.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
thubigdawg said:
If its the ML 500, i dont think you have any thing to worry about. The ML 55AMG is 342 hp and more than 6K total lbs. I believe you should be fine.

:beer:

You are correct in they advertised as making 342 hp and 376 ft Ibs torque, but the curb weight is 5072 Ibs.

jnahm1

Established Member
I've driven all the ML series, they are all boring, Only be worried if he shows up in an coupe or sedan that says AMG55, 65, or Mercedes 600 (newer style twin turbo) on it LOL

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
jnahm1 said:
I've driven all the ML series, they are all boring, Only be worried if he shows up in an coupe or sedan that says AMG55, 65, or Mercedes 600 (newer style twin turbo) on it LOL

What do you mean by boring. I think the ML55 is a very nice and powerful truck and use it as my daily driver and to take my 03 to the track. Btw my 03 Cobra has full open track race suspension with well over 600 rwhp and 600 rwtq on pump gas and much more on race gas so I have some idea what a fast car is.

Users who are viewing this thread