Anyone Raced an ML55

thubigdawg

GO CANES!!!
Established Member
toofast4u said:
You are correct in they advertised as making 342 hp and 376 ft Ibs torque, but the curb weight is 5072 Ibs.

i guess i must have misread, but im pretty sure im right in the fact that those SUV's are no comparison to our trucks speed.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
thubigdawg said:
i guess i must have misread, but im pretty sure im right in the fact that those SUV's are no comparison to our trucks speed.

I would hope the Lightning could hold its own against it. Off the line the ML55 will not spin the tires since it is full time AWD, but after that I would expect the Lightning to pass it. I am in South Florida also btw.

hevymtl

Speed Junky
Established Member
NIT2WN said:
So do I. I'm in plant one on final 2. The guy couldn't get the M-class Friday so all I could do is rag him about talking trash and not backing it up. He said we would try to get together later on. The guy just doesn't know what a Lightning can do. I just want to be the one that does his education.

Oh really? Im in plant one trim 2. What color is your L? I havent seen any others around.

BTW: That new ML63 AMG might be a different story. Comes out later this year or first of next year. 500 HP

Last edited:

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
Mine's DSG, I only drive it to work about once a week. I drive 50 miles to work one way so it isn't a daily driver. We'll have to get together one evening and shoot the breeze.

jnahm1

Established Member
im not dis'ing the mercedes, its fun to drive. but if his co-worker thought it was going to beat a lightning (unless the lightning driver is retarded) he is mistaken.

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
I "might" be a little slow but definitely not retarded. :p The guy never showed up with the M-Class so I guess I'll never know. I drive the Lightning once a week to work so he just has to get the suv and show. The only experience I've had was years ago when I had a 02 Ford extended cab 4.6 auto with a chip and exhaust. Let's just say I got taught the lesson that day, that's what made me get the Lightning. I think it was a ML500 but I don't remember for sure. I actually thought the 4.6 would have took the thing until I hit 2nd, then it looked questionable, then the suv hit 2nd I knew it was over. I'm pretty sure I can take this one as long as I don't spin too bad with the Lightning.

hevymtl

Speed Junky
Established Member
NIT2WN said:
I "might" be a little slow but definitely not retarded. :p The guy never showed up with the M-Class so I guess I'll never know. I drive the Lightning once a week to work so he just has to get the suv and show. The only experience I've had was years ago when I had a 02 Ford extended cab 4.6 auto with a chip and exhaust. Let's just say I got taught the lesson that day, that's what made me get the Lightning. I think it was a ML500 but I don't remember for sure. I actually thought the 4.6 would have took the thing until I hit 2nd, then it looked questionable, then the suv hit 2nd I knew it was over. I'm pretty sure I can take this one as long as I don't spin too bad with the Lightning.

Yea Im sure youll get him now. :thumbsup:

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
Yea I can't wait to hand him the dyno sheet on my truck in come next Monday. The fact that my truck has more power at the wheels than his at the crank should shut him up.

Users who are viewing this thread