Anyone Purposely NOT Flying/Vacationing?

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I had a short flight last week, one way, Boston to Detroit, on Delta

boarded from the rear to the front

when we landed, everyone stayed seated till the row in front had retrieved their overhead bag and started moving forward, starting from front to rear, the opposite of how we got on.

whole process was very smooth and everyone was courteous and respectful of others.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wife and I are vacationing next week.
Monday - Chilling during the day and then later in the afternoon going for my golf lesson.
Tuesday - Taking the ferry to Block Island from New London and renting scooters to explore and chill.
Wednesday - Maybe taking a drive to Mystic, CT for the day.
Thursday - Chilling and maybe taking a drive to the shore.
Friday - Taking the ferry to Block Island if we didn't get to go Tuesday.
Saturday - Chilling, and maybe going to the shooting range with my wife.
Sunday - Chilling, and celebrating our granddaughter's 21st birthday!

Everything will be within CT to ease as much as possible the Covid-19 restrictions.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I just got an airlines cc with awesome benes + miles in February with intentions of flying once a month whenever I had 4 days off in a row.....nope.

Racked up over 110k miles since then and have a voucher for another flight that I had planned but canceled (good through Dec 2021)

Posts and likes are not mine.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Our 10 year was in May and we pushed off a trip for that...

Shelbyfest canceled...

Talladega guys weekend canceled too. 10 year streak broken...

This week, we drove the 4 hours to Nashville (Hendersonville actually) and got a VRBO that has a nice game room and in-ground pool. Sharing the house with our friends; 4 adults and two boys.

My buddy and I have done some liquor store searches for bourbon to flip and the girls hit some antique stores. Other than thats its been swimming, boozing, fires, and cooking dinners. We thought about hitting Broadway, but it's limited capacity at the moment and probably dead/boring. I feel bad for the workers and musicians.

We normally do the same type of thing in South Haven, but prices there are waaaaayyyy inflated at the moment.

I think I'll be pushing for a couples' trip next year to somewhere sandy, but this year is pretty well jacked. Was nice to have some vacation days to just blow at home though when I didn't want to work.

I'll be taking two weeks off over Christmas/ New Years like normal, but that's chainsaw time.View attachment 1658088

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I wouldn't be flying anywhere with that backyard. Flying people in? Sure. Me leaving? Nah

Turkey_Lurker03

Established Member
Kid has bad asthma so we opted out of family Beach trip this year.

Always wanted a stay-cation but never ended up taking off work so oh well...

There's always cars n coffee every Saturday.:)

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

nickf2005

Established Member
I wouldn't be flying anywhere with that backyard. Flying people in? Sure. Me leaving? Nah

That was the VRBO we rented this past week. Short 4 hour drive. Was a great setup.

That said, we live on 30+ acres (own 7) and my neighbor buddy has pond to use... we don't leave much.

20200619_173958.jpeg
Screenshot_20200822-044159_Maps.jpeg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That was the VRBO we rented this past week. Short 4 hour drive. Was a great setup.

That said, we live on 30+ acres (own 7) and my neighbor buddy has pond to use... we don't leave much.

View attachment 1658490View attachment 1658491

That's a nice size pond. How close is that pond to his deck?

One thing about our vacation/leisure changes since Covid-19. We've all likely discovered forgotten or unknown destinations of interest within the states we live in.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Was gon a take the kids to yellowstone this year...but nope

Wife and i were gonna do a Med trip but nope...sucks

Yellowstone is still feasible place to visit, Livingston locals suck because they are taking the governor mandated mask thing like it was word of god. The smoke is a little thick this weekend at least out East a bit. Jackson wyo may even be a good visit. I spent last weekend in paradise valley at Chico hot springs. My first weekend fully off this year
IMG_2414.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

nickf2005

Established Member
That's a nice size pond. How close is that pond to his deck?

One thing about our vacation/leisure changes since Covid-19. We've all likely discovered forgotten or unknown destinations of interest within the states we live in.
It's a floating dock, so it goes wherever. We can tie off in the middle if we want.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
We don't go on vacations much and haven't been on one since 2010. We did however have a 10 day trip to Michigan planned for...well...right now. Plan was to take our camper up near Traverse City, with some overnights along the way, but I don't want to deal with the silliness that's going on so we cancelled all our reservations and put our camper on a permanent spot in the middle of nowhere IA for the season.

Maybe next year...

Users who are viewing this thread