Anyone Purposely NOT Flying/Vacationing?

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
We travel 2-3x a year, 1-2 weeks in length, 3 weeks if international. Make it a big blow out. Drink at the airport, buy business class seats, drink on the plane (lol at the $10 minis, adds up quick), rent upscale cars, blow $250 a day on good restaurants/drinks, rent really unique Air B&B, upscale hotel rooms, etc. Save money to purposely "blow it", on a nice vacation. You know, like most people USED to do. We usually go out West, Cancun, or South America (Chile). Don't go to be "cheap", or frugal.

Anyway, I refuse to wear a mask in the airport, or on the plane, and we are deciding to cut all travel until this mask BS is over. Just not being part of this scam. Everywhere you would go now, you would be required to wear it out to eat, hotels, some places even outside, etc. Just boycotting travel indefinitely. Sucks, but I have my principles.

Anyone else choosing not to vacation?

03CRUSHER

Established Member
Premium Member
I had to fly a couple weeks ago and it absolutely pained me to be required to wear a mask, on principle. The flight attendants were absolute nazis about keeping the nose covered. The mask couldn’t even slip from your nose or else. So over it. Total and absolute scam. Most of the other sheeple seemed to be ok with it though. Leisure travel is not in the cards this year, and we’ll see about next year.

MG0h3

Established Member
I just made the best of it.

Some kid a couple rows up kept sneezing. I noticed people getting fidgety and staring at him so I started whispering loudly to my Gf that he had the Rona. Made people even more uncomfortable.

Then, after sitting within arms reach of 9 peoples heads, along with 160 other people, in an air tight capsule with recycled air....they delivered the deplaning instructions.

To limit contact and increase social distancing, only one row can stand, retrieve their carry on, and exit the plane. Once they are off, the next row can stand. I couldn’t help but laugh out loud.

Instructions were repeated again while taxing to gate.

Soon as the plane stopped, one person in row 8 jumped up and grabbed their bag. Of course, many of the sheep were appalled. And to my delight, it was an asian lady. In a not subtle voice at all I announced “way to go Wuhan!” Hahah. Got a smack in the ribs from my GF for that but I was dying.

Other than that, total hassle in the airport. Getting food is a bitch. And you all order and pay on the same tablet the last person used. Ducking gross when their isn’t a pandemic.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Blown 89

Established Member
I'm not flying because I think planes are germ factories to begin with so why risk it. I'm not eating out partly because I don't want to get sick and partly because this mask bullshit is out of hand. I limit air travel and eating out during cold/flu season too.

I think covid is mostly overhyped b.s. but I take care of an at risk person and a simple cold would be fatal so we've been cautious since before covid hit.

As far as vacations go, I've never vacationed more than I have this year. My son and I take off somewhere in the RV nearly every weekend. RV/5th wheels are awesome.

VenomVeins

Established Member
We travel 2-3x a year, 1-2 weeks in length, 3 weeks if international. Make it a big blow out. Drink at the airport, buy business class seats, drink on the plane (lol at the $10 minis, adds up quick
emoji50.png
), rent upscale cars, blow $250 a day on good restaurants/drinks, rent really unique Air B&B, upscale hotel rooms, etc. Save money to purposely "blow it", on a nice vacation. You know, like most people USED to do. We usually go out West, Cancun, or South America (Chile). Don't go to be "cheap", or frugal.

Anyway, I refuse to wear a mask in the airport, or on the plane, and we are deciding to cut all travel until this mask BS is over. Just not being part of this scam. Everywhere you would go now, you would be required to wear it out to eat, hotels, some places even outside, etc. Just boycotting travel indefinitely. Sucks, but I have my principles.

Same story here, except Vegas is my playground around 6-10 times a year.

Not gonna lie, I really ****ing miss hitting LV.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Vegas is definitely a place I could lose it all / end up dead, if I didn't have self control . Definitely a wild place! Fear and Loathing, best movie ever . Love it there too!

I always make it a point to stop by Exotics Racing. I opt for the ride along because I'm used to speed (GT500), they would never let you go all out anyway, and there's something so fun about riding shotgun with a pro driver!

Same story here, except Vegas is my playground around 6-10 times a year.

Not gonna lie, I really ****ing miss hitting LV.

Last edited:

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Your experience sums up exactly why I just don't want to fly. I can only imagine the ridiculousness of it all !
I had to fly a couple weeks ago and it absolutely pained me to be required to wear a mask, on principle. The flight attendants were absolute nazis about keeping the nose covered. The mask couldn’t even slip from your nose or else. So over it. Total and absolute scam. Most of the other sheeple seemed to be ok with it though. Leisure travel is not in the cards this year, and we’ll see about next year.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Hahaha ! You sound like a wise ass, just like me. The way you wrote that had me dying! There are some people so terrified by the China virus, that their fear of being in public exudes their persona, like a dead skunk in August.

Don't worry, that mouth diaper will save you!! (despite being surrounded by 9 people, 6 or less feet away from you, breathing recycled air, like you said)
I just made the best of it.

Some kid a couple rows up kept sneezing. I noticed people getting fidgety and staring at him so I started whispering loudly to my Gf that he had the Rona. Made people even more uncomfortable.

Then, after sitting within arms reach of 9 peoples heads, along with 160 other people, in an air tight capsule with recycled air....they delivered the deplaning instructions.

To limit contact and increase social distancing, only one row can stand, retrieve their carry on, and exit the plane. Once they are off, the next row can stand. I couldn’t help but laugh out loud.

Instructions were repeated again while taxing to gate.

Soon as the plane stopped, one person in row 8 jumped up and grabbed their bag. Of course, many of the sheep were appalled. And to my delight, it was an asian lady. In a not subtle voice at all I announced “way to go Wuhan!” Hahah. Got a smack in the ribs from my GF for that but I was dying.

Other than that, total hassle in the airport. Getting food is a bitch. And you all order and pay on the same tablet the last person used. Ducking gross when their isn’t a pandemic.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

quad

Established Member
We travel 2-3x a year, 1-2 weeks in length, 3 weeks if international. Make it a big blow out. Drink at the airport, buy business class seats, drink on the plane (lol at the $10 minis, adds up quick), rent upscale cars, blow $250 a day on good restaurants/drinks, rent really unique Air B&B, upscale hotel rooms, etc. Save money to purposely "blow it", on a nice vacation. You know, like most people USED to do. We usually go out West, Cancun, or South America (Chile). Don't go to be "cheap", or frugal.

Just came back from a 10 day mini vacation in Florida. Went jet skiing near Key West and a few other outdoor activities. I probably wore a mask for a combined time of 10 minutes the entire time spread out over 10 days. Most places I just walked in and out without a mask. Never wore a mask from Florida - Michigan and back during the commute - at gas stations, hotels, restaurants etc.

In Miami I was confronted by cops in the street but they left me alone after I told them the mask was in the car. I had plans to visit Cape Canaveral but scrapped it because of the mask issue. No problem I can do that another time. I still enjoyed the trips and saw new places.

key west.jpg

key west 2.jpg

Last edited:

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Last year we we traveled around a dozen times including international. We got in 2 trips in Jan and beginning of Feb. NOTHING since. We recently have been thinking when and were will be our 1st. Hoping this fall, we shall see...

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Before the pandemic had reached the shores of the US I had bought tickets for two different trips in 2020. The first pair were for the wife and I to fly to the UK for our grandson's 1st birthday in September. We had only planned on staying a week. Those tickets were cancelled by the airline about 6 weeks ago. Even if they hadn't been cancelled the UK rule is 2 week quarantine for all incoming personnel so we wouldn't have been able to use them. Also purchased 2 tickets to Costa Rica with plans on spending Christmas there. They too have a 2 week quarantine for all incoming visitors. Once again the plan was only to stay for a week. Those tickets have yet to be cancelled by the airline. In a way I hope the flight does get cancelled because that's the only avenue I have to get a possible refund on them. Just one of the drawbacks of buying cheap tickets through Travelocity and not bending over and paying the extra $$ to allow changes.

Bottom line is if those mandatory 2-week quarantines were not in effect AND our flights had not been cancelled by the airline you can bet your ass the wife would have still insisted on flying to the UK to see her grandson on his birthday. Neither of us have an issue with wearing a mask, regardless of the location.

U.M.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Our 3-town Maine 10-day vacation scheduled for mid-July was cancelled because of the self-quarantine rule there. So we went to Mystic, CT for 3 days instead. EVERY shop/store/restaurant there required a mask to enter. The mask rule took all of the enjoyment out of that short vacation. We're on vacation next week. Will we go anywhere special? Not likely because of all the mask/spacing requirements. Why even go for a nice drive anywhere? We have to don the freaking masks pretty much anywhere we stop. Eating is an issue because many restaurants aren't even open or have very restrictive seating requirements, especially if outside seating isn't possible. Heck, Pepe's Pizza in New Haven only offers take-out or you have to eat a pizza in your car in their yucky parking lot. NO THANKS!

We would only consider air travel if it was an emergency. I'm not going to deal with all the nonsense.

Two nights ago we were checking out in a supermarket in town. With, of course, our freaking masks on, which are required. An older guy was checking out at the register and instead of exiting to his right, for some reason he moved left, just as my wife was moving right to begin her check-out. That put him within maybe 2 feet from her. He gave her a glare and mumbled something and moved back to his right. I stood there staring at him and said to my wife, "if this ass says one more thing or glares at you again, we're going to have a real issue". He never looked back our way and left. People today are freaking full of fear and arrogance.

Users who are viewing this thread