Anyone purchased Xbox One Elite console?

RusWolf

Established Member
Hello all!

Did any of you purchased XB1 Elite?
I still have my XB360 that i play sometimes and i was thinking about upgrading to XB1 Elite.
I am not a hardcore gamer so i will most likely sell the Elite controller.
My question is.
1) Microsoft claims 20% faster to load games and navigate through the UI. Do you feel as it's faster compared to regular XB1?

After the sale of the elite controller the value of the box itself will pretty much equal the value of a regular one. Plus all consoles are $50 off for the holidays and BB and Amazon throwing a free controller with it.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
While I don't know about the X1 elite, comparing the 500gb X1 with all three 360's I've owned is considerably faster in pretty much every aspect.

I'm not spending over $400 for a new controller and a somewhat improved console when my launch console works just fine especially with the updated UI.

The only issue I have ever experienced on all of the consoles was how "slow" it seems when downloading info from the store or updates. Now that I have a much faster connection it is obviously faster but in my opinion, downloading the same sized game or what not is faster on my wi-fi connected Wii U than my wired X1.

Last edited:

Blown 89

Established Member
I want to. The switch to SSD makes a huge difference in load times and apparently the new controller is really nice. It's not worth it to switch from the one I have though. If I were buying my first X1 I'd hop all over it.

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
It's a hybrid SSD drive. Not a full blown one. I also saw a test where the USB 3.0 ports on the Xbox yielded faster performance with an external SSD, proably due to the SATA2 internal ports for the HD, being slower than USB 3.0

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
It's a hybrid SSD drive. Not a full blown one. I also saw a test where the USB 3.0 ports on the Xbox yielded faster performance with an external SSD, proably due to the SATA2 internal ports for the HD, being slower than USB 3.0
This.

Having an external HDD/SSD USB 3.0 is faster than what the Elite brings. As far as Elite version being faster vs the regular, it is true, however, theres more to it.

To benefit from the Hybrid drive, you need to be playing the game more than once. If you switch games constantly, you will not benefit from the hybrid drive speeds. The drive stores the info to the “SSD” area so it already knows what to load. Whenever you switch games, that storage area gets erased and needs to re-learn it again on the new game.

RusWolf

Established Member
I usually don't switch games much.. on X360 98% of a time i play BF3.. just recently started playing titanfall because it was on sale for $5 at xbox store.

I figured if i get X1 elite and sell the controller for $200 (going rate for them on ebay) that means, end cost of the elite box itself is $250. And since BB is throwing another controller in i won't have to purchase a regular one to play.

Last edited:

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I never knew an Elite model was available. I need to add a hard drive to mine since I seem to always be at 90% capacity and have to delete games to add others. The controller looks really interesting, I just think I'm too sloppy of a player to take advantage of it. Plus no way I'd drop $200 on a controller.

wreckit

Established Member
I absolutely love my xbox One! graphics are noticeably different (way better), load times are pretty quick (being the game must install before you play it), and its an all around better console. You can plug your cable box up to it, has an state of the art blu ray player.

Just bite the bullet and purchase it! you wont be regretting it!

RusWolf

Established Member
I absolutely love my xbox One! graphics are noticeably different (way better), load times are pretty quick (being the game must install before you play it), and its an all around better console. You can plug your cable box up to it, has an state of the art blu ray player.

Just bite the bullet and purchase it! you wont be regretting it!

Lol
Are you talking about regular xbox one or xbox one elite?

Users who are viewing this thread