Anyone purchase Coastal E Tech's SYNC Lockpick?

WydOpen

Established Member
I recently purchased Coastal's Lockpick for my car primarily to run an aftermarket license plate bracket rear camera and have full use of navigation functions while driving. Pretty neat that it also allows you to install a front camera (something nice when you're parking and you don't want to hit the curb and damage the front splitter.

I installed as per directions and it is not allowing me to run the setup. I already have a call in with the company and waiting for them to get back to me, but just wanted to see if anyone has successfully installed this device on their car.

My problem is before the device runs the installation, it says place vehicle in park before continuing. I have the transmission in first gear with the emergency brake set, but still nothing and it won't let me continue with installation and initialization.

Thanks in advance...

Oh, for those interested, here is the website...

Coastal Electrnics Technology SYNC-LP1 LOCKPICK

WydOpen

Established Member
Alright, well nevermind. I got a call back from their tech support and apparently my car is the first manual transmission they've had. They need to do some research and they'll send me an update for my software when they have the fix.

Users who are viewing this thread