Anyone port their Gen2R?

nickstobias

cobracommander04
Established Member
Just curious if anyone has done this and is worth it? Or is it better to go 10% lower? Getting a Gen3 is not in the budget, but the Motor is built. Thanks

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm sure someone's done it, but I doubt there's a whole lot left to wring out of that blower. It would be hard to justify the cost for 10-15 hp. If the engine is built you may need a 10% to get in boost range.

96gt02

Established Member
You know I was having this discussion with someone on the FB page about them saying the 2R can be ported for significant gains and I just dont understand how that can be when I ported trinity is essentially making it into a 2R, I tried to contact 1320 about it but never got any response, I think its BS though and agree that there is maybe 10-15 HP but nothing significant.

96gt02

Established Member
and BTW im not saying there is no gains in porting I just cant see it making a huge difference in the 2R

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Talk with @biminiLX he pushed his 2R to some great #'s and would be able to advise best route probably.
I bought my ported Gen 2R directly from BPS. Sylvain and the BPS are awesome. I also had them port match and maximize the Whipple 170 TB.
The 2R is damn good as is and definitely doesn’t need a cut/Weld/port like the Trinity or even the Gen 3.
Still, it’s a PD blower so decreasing ANY restriction in front of the rotor pack will help.
A simple clean up on the 2R and more importantly matching the TB is all you need but yes, maybe 10-15hp tops.
You can remove the rotors and try to port deep in there, but I don’t see the need.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread