Anyone own a German Rottweiler?

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
Been checking several sites. I found one in Socal and his prices are $8,500. I'm not trying to spend that much on a pure bred German Rottweiler. If you know of reputable breeders of pure German Rotts please post up.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
Texas FTW! I see them alot for sale here in TX and normally go for about $1500 houston all for sale / wanted classifieds "german rottweiler" - craigslist

00Y0Y_lqnNO8ZbnNa_600x450.jpg

Last edited:

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member

VictorySong

Established Member
Damn. Are Rottweilers really that much? You can get CBRs with hunting/competition pedigrees for 5k and that's on the high end.

That being said, based on your avatar it looks like you can handle the energy/personality of a Rott so it'd probably be a good fit for you. I've been wanting a Tosa but, since I've had retrievers/heelers I'm going to work my way up with a Beauceron as my next pup before I get a big breed.

AKC breeder search. All AKC-Recognized Breeds Puppies for Sale - AKC Breeders - Puppy Tips I wouldn't use CL for puppies, especially with the breed and area you are looking in.

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
Damn. Are Rottweilers really that much? You can get CBRs with hunting/competition pedigrees for 5k and that's on the high end.

That being said, based on your avatar it looks like you can handle the energy/personality of a Rott so it'd probably be a good fit for you. I've been wanting a Tosa but, since I've had retrievers/heelers I'm going to work my way up with a Beauceron as my next pup before I get a big breed.

AKC breeder search. All AKC-Recognized Breeds Puppies for Sale - AKC Breeders - Puppy Tips I wouldn't use CL for puppies, especially with the breed and area you are looking in.
Yeah, I've owned Pitbulls in the past. Always wanted a Rottweiler and I think it's time for one. Found a breeder in Sac WUTANGROTTWEILERS.COM. Going to get a first pick male. Pretty pricey, but oh well. I know Rottweilers need plenty of exercise and training which I've done with my past dogs.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Yes
Got him for free.
He went through the front window one time after the guys that were delivering our TV
I guess they didn't understand "call before you come so we can put the dog up"

99GreenCobra

Established Member
Haha sorry but that made me laugh. Well sorry to hear that, I had a 2 year old rott that got sick and didn't make it and ended up costing us $7k in vet bills.

Ugh sorry to hear that. I always thought people that paid bug bucks for purebred dogs were insane. Then my mutt blows a few knees up. Sorry to hear your dog didn't make it.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Been checking several sites. I found one in Socal and his prices are $8,500. I'm not trying to spend that much on a pure bred German Rottweiler. If you know of reputable breeders of pure German Rotts please post up.

You could trade him the Camaro.

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
I rescued one from my deceased aunt. I didn't want the dog but nobody was going to take it since it's such a "dangerous breed". He's from Budapest and I'd imagine was pricey.

I'm not preaching, but you should rescue a dog from a kill shelter. Plenty of good dogs get euthanized every day because people would rather have a "show dog" to leave locked up in the family room all day.

Users who are viewing this thread