Anyone near Peoria, IL with a Pulley Puller??

runin1320

sTaNGs OwNs JoO!
Established Member
I'm finally getting a BF 2.93 pulley and am wondering if there is anyone close to Peoria, IL with a pulley puller/install tool that would like to help!

Thanks,

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I know you're probably looking for a private individual with one but you do you know R&T's Unlimited? I imagine they'd probably have one and could do the swap for you. They're over in Falcon Court by Detwiller...

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Not to be Mr. Obvious, but what about renting a puller? I've borrowed them from Auto Zone before when doing power sterring pump jobs, etc.

Give them a deposit on a CC and then return it when you're done.

runin1320

sTaNGs OwNs JoO!
Established Member
Hey,

Thanks for the input. I plan on checking the tune at R&T's...I've been there before for club dyno. days. Rob is a good guy, I just don't like to pay for something I could do myself. I could buy a BF pulley puller for the install cost from a shop....

I have used Autozone tools before, I didn't really think about it for this case. I just checked their site and didn't see anything that would work. Thanks though!

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
runin1320 said:
Hey,

Thanks for the input. I plan on checking the tune at R&T's...I've been there before for club dyno. days. Rob is a good guy, I just don't like to pay for something I could do myself. I could buy a BF pulley puller for the install cost from a shop....

Hadn't realized that to be honest, but I totally agree with you. I'm just a bit ignorant to the price of modifications and tools in the 03/04 world so you'll have to excuse me.

bowtieman81

Established Member
Hey Peoria guys. I am thinking about getting a cobra and wanted to know if somebody could take me for a ride in one. I don't know anybody that currently has one.

bowtieman81

Established Member
Also, I would never take my car to R&Ts to let them work on anything. Been there for a dyno day and was not impressed, also know a couple guys who got screwed there.

goody03

i need more mods
Established Member
i knew a guy that had a red vet that went to r&t 's. He had a motor built and the motor blew soon after it was done. And i guess thay would not fix it.

runin1320

sTaNGs OwNs JoO!
Established Member
bowtieman81 said:
Hey Peoria guys. I am thinking about getting a cobra and wanted to know if somebody could take me for a ride in one. I don't know anybody that currently has one.

I'll give you a ride in mine after I get the tune checked.

Sent PM....

runin1320

sTaNGs OwNs JoO!
Established Member
bowtieman81 said:
Also, I would never take my car to R&Ts to let them work on anything. Been there for a dyno day and was not impressed, also know a couple guys who got screwed there.

I'm getting an e-mail tune from Amazon and will just be checking it. :-D

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
This is the first I've heard of bad experiences coming out of R&T's, and am in no way saying they're not true. All I can say is that I personally, and several others I know, have had work done there and they've never been anything but top notch when dealing with them. Any shop has the good with the bad I suppose...
shrug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread