Anyone make a nicer rear brake caliper?

MtnBiker

Established Member
Not trying to be a tool - but with the performance package the rear brake caliper looks a little out of place. Does anyone make a reasonably priced, not single piston, better match to the front Brembo, rear caliper that is a drop-in replacement (or is at least compatible via some sort of proportioning)?

MtnBiker

Established Member
The Wilwood Aerolite CPB looks promising (even though it is a single piston) but the caliper is a total mis-match. But this is the idea anyway. Don't see any product for the S550 yet from Baer. Are there any alternative sources of decent looking calipers?

wilwood.com/pdf/flyers/fl363.pdf

KonaFifty

Established Member
wait for the gt350 to come out...pretty sure they will start offering the rear brembos at a decent price.

Laztug

Established Member
Screenshot_2015-04-26-11-11-11_zpsrzdlht45.jpg

Screenshot_2015-04-26-10-59-13_zpshhpj2hqe.jpg

I am going to settle for this look until I find a decent rear caliper.:bored:

MtnBiker

Established Member
It appears that Ford made a change to the rear caliper (or maybe the PP has a different one?)

The rear caliper is painted to match the front Brembo. It isn't as nice looking as a Brembo 4-piston would be but I can live with it.

OZ Racing Leggera.jpg

TheFaulk925

Wonder how difficult it would be to do a Porsche Brembo caliper swap. A ton of the VW guys swap them over with no issues. Just swap the carrier over and goes on. If it's doable it'll be cheap you can get the rear calipers on eBay pretty cheap.

908ssp

Established Member
The Porsche Brembo calipers I put on my 2010 didn't have a parking brake and I missed it. That was a very difficult install. Should be easier on the S550 since the rotor doesn't float with the axle. But if the caliper doesn't have a parking brake it might not be worth the cosmetic improvement.

908ssp

Established Member
http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/Br...R&year=2015&make=Ford&model=Mustang&option=GT

Wilwood makes a kit which includes a parking brake and new two piece rotor, price isn't bad for what is included. You'd kind of have to upgrade at least the front rotors to two pieces to match.

The same problem with the GT350 stuff they have huge rotors with floating discs and they will be at least as much as the Wilwood stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread