Anyone know who can do my head gaskets in so-cal.

dicks 99 cobra

Established Member
I noticed that my car was guzzling some oil not too long ago but couldn't find out what was happening. The car didn't spot the driveway at all but the oil level would slightly drop. I tried taking it easy on the car for a bit and realized that the oil level only fell when I drove the car at full throttle. Took it down to ford and the techs said I needed to change the head gaskets. The oil was dripping onto the A/C compressor. Ford charges $2000 to change the head gaskets. Does anyone know of anyone with experience that can do my gaskets in so-cal? thanks.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
for some reason i doubt your car blew a headgasket. i bet money your valve cover is leaking, which on the passengers side is a diy job.

cobraracer46

Banned
quadcammer said:
for some reason i doubt your car blew a headgasket. i bet money your valve cover is leaking, which on the passengers side is a diy job.
I've never seen a head gasket leak oil on a cobra, but I have seen alot of head gaskets leak oil on F-150's and Expeditions (very common problem).I've also seen Crown Vic cop cars leak oil from the head gaskets so it is certinly belivible that the Cobra is leaking oil from the head gasket.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
cobraracer46 said:
I've never seen a head gasket leak oil on a cobra, but I have seen alot of head gaskets leak oil on F-150's and Expeditions (very common problem).I've also seen Crown Vic cop cars leak oil from the head gaskets so it is certinly belivible that the Cobra is leaking oil from the head gasket.

Sorry but i have to agree w/ quad. You dont just blow head gaskets on bolt on n/a cobras.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Well you can if you overheat the snot out of the car. But then its unlikely.

Clean off the side of the head with a good degreaser so you get everything off. Then watch for it to leak. Hope for you its a valve cover gasket.

Matt

cobraracer46

Banned
droptopsnake01 said:
Sorry but i have to agree w/ quad. You dont just blow head gaskets on bolt on n/a cobras.
A head gasket deos not half to "blow" in order to leak oil. Pouring floresent leak dye into the engine oil and shining a black light on the motor will reviel the source of the leak. I'm sure this is the approach the dealer shop used.

duane v

Established Member
Actually Ive seen where the head and block mate weep oil, but it turned out to be a cracked head,,,usualyy if its as bad as you state, you would have a noticeable miss in the high rpm area...like the others stated, check the valve cover gaskets...DA snake boy!!!!

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
If you were leaking that much oil and it was dripping on the A/C compressor, why would SOME of it at least not end up on the ground after you parked?

Further, if it's leaking oil through the head gasket, wouldn't it likely be using coolant as well?

Users who are viewing this thread