Anyone know this car?

txrunner

Established Member
Looking at a 2007 GT500. Owner bought it from a guy in Pflugerville,TX. Car looks clean & has a FRPP forged shortblock& VMP blower but is only pushing 600rwhp. Question is why go with a new forged short block at 31000 miles & then stop at 600 hp? Car is clean & is set up for bigger HP ( minus a throttle Body). I can't get ahold of the owner that did the work. Car now has 35000 miles. Receipts are included & it was done at a Ford dealership. I included the mods sheet along with a Pic of the car. Anyone have any knowledge of this car?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_4319.JPG
    IMG_4319.JPG
    279.5 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_4320.JPG
    IMG_4320.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_4322.JPG
    IMG_4322.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 129

txrunner

Established Member
Been put of the game a little while is he still st VMP?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

HKusp

Established Member
He is not at VMP, he's on his own, but he certainly isn't out of the game. He still has a nice working relationship with VMP from what I understand.

PM-Performance

Established Member
You ask why? Because the prior owner blew the motor. Mine has the same block for the same reason.
I would deff talk to BJ though if he tuned it he can give more insight as to why it stopped. I will tell you now though I am fighting with power on mine as well and I think that lower compression ratio is not helping things
PS: if it doesnt have a lower, its not making 21PSI.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Why only 600 hp? Looks like a stock throttle body and a Gen 1 TVS. Lots of guys take off parts and sell separately to make more money off the car in a resale. If BJ tuned it, he may remember the car and might be able to give you some insight, but he's tuned a lot of cars too.

txrunner

Established Member
Agreed. Why do all the supporting mods & cheap out on the TB. Anyways I walked away & found another built GT500 with a more clear history. Thanks & I'll let you know how it goes

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread