Anyone into vaping? (ecigs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOdown220

Established Member
Just wondering if anyone here has crossed over from smoking to vaping. It's gotten pretty big around my area with shops opening constantly. I was a smoker, 10 years about a pack a day or more depending on what I was doing. This is the only thing I've tried that's actually worked, and I've tried the Blu ecigs before. Ecigs have came a long way from years ago and the different setups you can by and amount of flavors is unreal. Everything from tobacco to menthol, fruity to foods, it's all here. The startup cost for a good setup is a little steep (I've got about $90 in my current setup) but after that it's much cheaper than smoking. I suggest anyone trying to quit smoking to give it a shot. Anyone else with any experience?

oldmodman

Established Member
A friend's daughter let me try her's.

But not with tobacco. She uses them as a weight loss aid. She had many different flavors for hers. Chocolate, peppermint, banana, and a lot of others. She said that it gave her the same felling as just having eaten a piece of candy or fruit.

I tried the chocolate and was quite amazed at the intense feeling of having just eaten a couple of truffles.

Zemedici

Established Member
Got 2 myself, one for me one for my girl. I used to smoke, and all my buddies are getting them to help quit. So I bought one to help them (I have no nicotine in my juices) plus I'm mesmerized by the smoke and love doing tricks

My girl just wanted to do it with me so she got one, also 0 mg nic in her juices

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
I bought my dad one about probably almost 2 years ago. He has been loving it ever since. He still get his juice with nicotine but I thinks its still better for him. No to mention a hell of a lot cheaper. He went from close to a pack a day so let's say 5 bucks to a bottle of juice a week and a half for 10.

He buys his juice from vikingvapor.com. They have a ton of flavors and you can adjust the nicotine levels.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
They seem to be gaining a lot of popularity around here. Lots of shops have popped up specializing in vaporizers and paraphernalia.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
never started smoking so never needed to quit... easy decision. I think that is just one nasty habit. who wants to hang out with a ashtray all day?

a guy at work has a ecig. he modded it somehow and it looks like somethings on fire.

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Orignally I thought it said Faping…….

I have seen a lot of people using it over regular cigs. I dont smoke but dont mind it as much because of the smell, I HATE the regualr cig smell. Still try to not to be around them though.

Someone I know spent 300+ modifying it :eek:

Last edited:

SHOdown220

Established Member
never started smoking so never needed to quit... easy decision. I think that is just one nasty habit. who wants to hang out with a ashtray all day?

a guy at work has a ecig. he modded it somehow and it looks like somethings on fire.

He's probably built a sub ohm setup. Works like the regular but the resistance on the heating element is extremely low, usually .3-.5 ohms. Combine that with a 3.7v battery and it produces a ton of vape. Do it wrong and it won't look like some things on fire, it will actually be on fire

SHOdown220

Established Member
They seem to be gaining a lot of popularity around here. Lots of shops have popped up specializing in vaporizers and paraphernalia.

Same way here, when I started back in October there were maybe 3 or 4 shops within a 40 mile radius. Now there are multiple in every city big or small. One place I go has went from 1 store to 5 in 6 months time.

ShapeShifter

Established Member
Sorry for the bumped thread but yes, I started vaping about 8/9 months ago. I quit smoking (cold turkey) last July and 3 months into it I felt the need for a smoke...decided to give the e-cigs a try, been hooked ever since. Endless choices of flavors, equipment, etc. It is more so of a hobby now-a-days especially if you want to chunk some huge clouds.

Here's my everyday setup,

10464413_10204346804378953_3308459905732721022_n_zps44d47991.jpg

SHOdown220

Established Member
Sorry for the bumped thread but yes, I started vaping about 8/9 months ago. I quit smoking (cold turkey) last July and 3 months into it I felt the need for a smoke...decided to give the e-cigs a try, been hooked ever since. Endless choices of flavors, equipment, etc. It is more so of a hobby now-a-days especially if you want to chunk some huge clouds.

Here's my everyday setup,

10464413_10204346804378953_3308459905732721022_n_zps44d47991.jpg

Nice setup I love my mvp. Is that the nautilus? I ran a pro tank aero on mine been thinking about switching it up

Prototype007

Established Member
Used one for a couple of months and sold it. I figured at some point there will be a "major discovery" on it creating some kind of disease or blah, blah, blah. I already assumed that someone uses them heavily would be more prone to pneumonia since it is after all a fluid.

I probably smoke 6-7 cigarettes a year now, if even that.

ShapeShifter

Established Member
Nice setup I love my mvp. Is that the nautilus? I ran a pro tank aero on mine been thinking about switching it up

Thanks!

Yep, I love the nautilus...great flavor from it. Do you run the aero mega? I "heard" that one is on par with the nautilus. I've started the process of getting into rebuildables+mech mods but it definitely takes some practice LOL.

SHOdown220

Established Member
Thanks!

Yep, I love the nautilus...great flavor from it. Do you run the aero mega? I "heard" that one is on par with the nautilus. I've started the process of getting into rebuildables+mech mods but it definitely takes some practice LOL.

I do not have the mega, I almost bought it but haven't pulled the trigger yet. RDAs and mech mods are fun I had a king clone with a rda resistance was .3 ohms it blew clouds like crazy. I ended up getting bored with it though and sold it to a buddy for a good deal.

ShapeShifter

Established Member
Oh ok, It'd (nautilus) be an upgrade over the aerotank for sure. Just yesterday I found out there's a nautilus mini coming out with a new single coil, definitely on the look out for that.

FWIW I bought my Nautilus on eBay for $25 shipped. It's a legit one and it was the best price I found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread