Anyone into Metal Detecting?

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Every time the boys and I go out to hunt, we find junk. I have yet to find anything worth keeping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
A guy I work does metal detecting every weekend. He's hardcore into it. He's had a lot of good luck on some battlefields finding coins and other artifacts.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
When I retire I see myself metal detecting on the beach.

I see lots of people doing it on the cape cod beaches year round and I even see lots of people doing it in waist deep water.

It sure beats sitting on a couch doing nothing.

Me too. I'm going to be on the beach with my metal detector steppin' over the hotties! I'll pretend to find some nice jewelry and won't even have the detector turned on!

98ATLBlueCobra

Established Member
Haha that’s pretty funny about beach searching around the hotties. FYI do some research before searching on beaches sometimes the state your in may not allow it (here in Georgia it is not allowed at all). The best thing I can compare metal detecting to is fishing we refer to it as dirt fishing because you have to have so much patience to do it. Also another thing that helps be more successful is to do some research on properties which could be plats, maps, deeds, or just good old word of mouth. I am a registered land surveyor here in Georgia so I know how to do some of this research. With a 19 month old son I don’t go as much as I used to go however it is nice to get out of the house and stay off the couch for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
When I retire I see myself metal detecting on the beach.

I see lots of people doing it on the cape cod beaches year round and I even see lots of people doing it in waist deep water.

It sure beats sitting on a couch doing nothing.

If I did that on a beach I’d be tripping over everyone and plus I cannot concentrate very well when there’s half nakedness going on.

Me too. I'm going to be on the beach with my metal detector steppin' over the hotties! I'll pretend to find some nice jewelry and won't even have the detector turned on!

Last time i was in the Bahamas, i had some asshole going past me on the beach over and over again with a metal detector. Guy was blocking the sun, making noise, etc... I had an entire pocket full of Bahamian pennies and started throwing them around when his back was turned, directing him away where i wanted him to go. This jackass must of spent half an hour searching for shit by me, bending over, beeping, and got about 40 cents in pennies out of all of it. I cracked up laughing after all that and just walked up to him and asked if he wanted the rest of my pennies to get the hell out of here. Save him from all that work just to get a few cents.

98ATLBlueCobra

Established Member
Sorry to hear that. I prefer places where no one is. I don’t like bothering people and I don’t won’t to be asked a zillion questions.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Metal detected on and off for the past 25 years. Owned a White's V3i a few years ago but sold it and downgraded to a Teknetics Omega 8500, about the equivalent of the AT Pro. The guy I sold the V3i to found a CS belt plate in Fredericksburg not long after I sold it to him and made the banner on Treasure Net. I have an old Ace 250 as a backup detector and a Garret carrot pinpointer. I do not get out very much the past few years even though I live in the heart of civil war country.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I know of quite a few farmers out here in Winchester that that have given permission, but I just haven't hunted yet. One in particular served as a hospital during the civil war and he knows it has never been hunted.

GodStang

Established Member
We have one. Pops bought 5 acres on a rode that use to be a pretty big trade route around here. We have found a lot of wagon wheels, and tools and house pieces over the years.

98ATLBlueCobra

Established Member
Metal detected on and off for the past 25 years. Owned a White's V3i a few years ago but sold it and downgraded to a Teknetics Omega 8500, about the equivalent of the AT Pro. The guy I sold the V3i to found a CS belt plate in Fredericksburg not long after I sold it to him and made the banner on Treasure Net. I have an old Ace 250 as a backup detector and a Garret carrot pinpointer. I do not get out very much the past few years even though I live in the heart of civil war country.

Man a CS belt plate would be pretty sweet. I have a Garrett carrot as well. Man I wish we had more civil war country where I am however the area was so poor at the time of the Civil War Sherman's Army didn't get off with to much here lol. I am trying to get some places around Savannah worked out but may take some time. I also need to talk to some farmers around my area closer to where Sherman's main infantry went.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I'd definitely like to get into this at some point...I live near many strongholds and battlefields that were pivotal during the revolutionary war. 'Murica!

Users who are viewing this thread