Anyone in SE Mass running E85?

KBR

Established Member
Hi,
I'm putting together parts for a blower swap and don't know if I should spend the extra cash needed to upgrade fuel system to run E85.
Online there is a place listed in Seekonk, MA, but I have no idea if it really exists and is a feasible option.

Rumor has it that it is available, but tests around E72 and is inconsistent

VP X85 is avaiable at local speed shop for $42 = $8.40 a Gallon

Crossroads Convenience
822 Fall River Ave
Seekonk, MA 02771

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I saw that place was listed on the E85 area. Too bad it's inconsistent. Too much of a chance for me anyways, if I were to convert. Not too far from me, about 30 minutes.
What speed shop was selling the VP X85? What is VP X85 anyways? lol I assume it's a little better than the E85?

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
The place in Seekonk does infact have e85. It’s consistent in the heart of summer but before or after that it’s blended with winter shit. Dynotech tuning which is also in Seekonk I believe sells e85 by the drum.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I saw that place was listed on the E85 area. Too bad it's inconsistent. Too much of a chance for me anyways, if I were to convert. Not too far from me, about 30 minutes.
What speed shop was selling the VP X85? What is VP X85 anyways? lol I assume it's a little better than the E85?
X85 is a pure 100% version of e85. A shop near me sells it for like $12 a gallon

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Westgate performance in Freetown mass.. they have a Facebook page. I don’t know if they even have a website. It’s a Small place

bigmoose

Established Member
I'd take e50 over 93 any day of the week. I've filled e85 at Logan, the gulf on 138 near Canton, and also on the pike. If you don't daily it's worth just buying a bunch of 5 gallon jugs and drive to one of those stations to fill.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd take e50 over 93 any day of the week. I've filled e85 at Logan, the gulf on 138 near Canton, and also on the pike. If you don't daily it's worth just buying a bunch of 5 gallon jugs and drive to one of those stations to fill.
I heard about the Gulf on 138. That's really not too far from me. About 25 minutes one way.
How is their E85? Any good? (What I mean is,......do you know if they test theirs to see if it is a true E85?)

bigmoose

Established Member
I heard about the Gulf on 138. That's really not too far from me. About 25 minutes one way.
How is their E85? Any good? (What I mean is,......do you know if they test theirs to see if it is a true E85?)
I tested it once at e85. I'm in RI now so I go to CT to fill up since it's closer. I'd imagine it probably varies e70-e85.

Pete gave me two tunes, one for e70 and one for e85. I just check my STFT to see if I'm off and need to switch. Much easier than testing the actual fuel.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I tested it once at e85. I'm in RI now so I go to CT to fill up since it's closer. I'd imagine it probably varies e70-e85.
Pete gave me two tunes, one for e70 and one for e85. I just check my STFT to see if I'm off and need to switch. Much easier than testing the actual fuel.
Awesome. Thanks man!
What is STFT by the way?

KBR

Established Member
Thanks for chiming in.
I think i'll stay return-less fuel system for now. Set up to run on pump gas and maybe a second tune to run pump+torco

build looking like:
VMP 2.3 3.0 upper pulley...maybe 4lb lower to follow
80lb injectors
DW300 pumps and PPRV delete
Black306 modded FPDM
KB fuel pressure disc
SCT BA3000
JLT RAI
Pete for tuning

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Short term fuel trim

I use the torque app on my phone with a scantool obd adapter to monitor everything. I only use my sct when I want to datalog my a/f with the analog input.

do you use the free version or paid?

I have been meaning to set this up on a junk tablet i have for like two years lol

bigmoose

Established Member
do you use the free version or paid?

I have been meaning to set this up on a junk tablet i have for like two years lol
Paid. I think it's only $5. Well worth it.

I also use the scantool OBD adapter. It uses a different chip then the ELM327 and datalogs about 10x faster. That's worth the extra cost IMHO

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Paid. I think it's only $5. Well worth it.

I also use the scantool OBD adapter. It uses a different chip then the ELM327 and datalogs about 10x faster. That's worth the extra cost IMHO

I originally had the ELM327 one, but read the same and bought the OBD adapter.

Thanks for the heads up, you've motivated me to check it out

KBR

Established Member
Short term fuel trim

I use the torque app on my phone with a scantool obd adapter to monitor everything. I only use my sct when I want to datalog my a/f with the analog input.

is this what you are talking about?

and then Torque App on iPhone

bigmoose

Established Member
I do use the OBDlink MX but I have an Android phone so I use the Bluetooth one. It goes on sale for $50 but is regularly $79. It looks like the wifi one has the apple tax included. I'm not sure if the iPhone requires the wifi one or not still.

KBR

Established Member
I do use the OBDlink MX but I have an Android phone so I use the Bluetooth one. It goes on sale for $50 but is regularly $79. It looks like the wifi one has the apple tax included. I'm not sure if the iPhone requires the wifi one or not still.

Bluetooth one does not support ios per scantool website

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I have the old free torque app for my old android. Thing was awesome. Doesn’t read fuel trim tho

Users who are viewing this thread