anyone hitting high hp/tq on a n/a setup?

dicks 99 cobra

Established Member
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has a high output n/a cobra. I was thinking about a blower but want to do something not as common. Also what is the average output on full bolt on cobras? thanks for any replies.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
full bolt on cobras seem to be ~335 rwhp, similar or slightly lower torque.....i'm at 227 rwhp/rwtq, only bolt on i don't really have is ported intake and headers.... now if a proper builder builds up a 4.6 liter DOHC w/ some better parts, some n/a 4/6's are approaching 375 rwhp and 350 rwtq....

Last edited:

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Shawn Johnson's setup was probably around 375 RWHP, and Bob Cosby's old car was 350 RWHP + and that was with stock cams (car had to be within the NMRA F/S rules). If you wanted to bump compression get aggressive cams, etc, I don't see why 400 RWHP is not attainable without too many problems without stroking/big boring. If you stroke or BB it, then 400 HP should be pretty easy to reach...not cheap, but easy..

Maybe Duane V can chime in - he is our resident cam expert.

99svtvert

337/337; stock catted-H, stock manifold. With headers and offroad-X, I might hit 350+. Which is, using 1.15 factor 403 + bhp.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread