anyone here work in insurance?

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
Just wondering if anyone here works in insurance and would you recommend getting into that career? I had an interview today at pretty big insurance company and there was about 20-25 other people getting interviewed, they said theyd call 6 people back to set up final interviews and they just called me to come back. What are the pros and cons of being in this business? I already have a good idea of what the job is like but I wanted to see if anyone has any input, or anything specific they think I should ask about.

Jefe

Established Member
Glad I asked, had a huge reply ready if it was all of the above

Life is its own separate animal. Id say easier to deal with than an all lines broker/agency.

What all have they told you about getting started? You work from home? In their office? Qualification period with production requirements?

JPD5801

Established Member
Can you sell? Seriously.

Most of the big companies want guys that can hustle. If that isn't you, keep looking.

I'm in a somewhat related field. I interviewed with Prudential when I came out of college and I am thankful I didn't take that job.

Last edited:

IA Shelby

Established Member
Great opportunities and income potential. Huge part of the workforce will be retiring in the next 5-10 yrs.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
Glad I asked, had a huge reply ready if it was all of the above

Life is its own separate animal. Id say easier to deal with than an all lines broker/agency.

What all have they told you about getting started? You work from home? In their office? Qualification period with production requirements?

I dont know too much about the details, but Id be working from the office and Id be working side by side with someone else for the first 8 weeks. Ill be finding out all the details at the followup interview.

Users who are viewing this thread