Anyone here use Bank Of America Auto Finance?

SurferSVT

V
Established Member
Hey guys,

I'm trying to buy a car from a private seller and applied to Bank of America for the loan, since I've been a customer with them for the last 5 years, they offered me a great rate. But I have a few concerns;

They claim that it's a fast, easy processes with a dedicated customer service agent. However, I spent over a week being bounced between agent to agent before the paperwork was finally sent out. One of which, was very nasty.

BOA doesn't trust the customer to title their own vehicle and has a third party do it. The seller will have to send them the title and they will register the car for me. It worries me that I could possibly be paying for a car that I can't drive while I wait for someone else to register it for me... And since their customer service has sucked so far, I fear that if there is a problem, no one will be able to sort it out.

Has anyone else gone through this process?

Last edited:

NXSVTCOBRA

a lot of banks do not allow customers to have the titles, I mean the majority of them are like that. Some lien holders have the seller send the title directly to the dmv in your area for the title transfer. Try Capital One or a Credit Union local to you.

Intmd8r32

Established Member
I was on the same boat you are nowand Ihave been a member for almost 11 years there. They are great on my credit card. I ditched Bank of America and got the loan through State Farm Bank. My Insurance agent approved me within an hour and had the check the next day. They gave me the best rate anyone could offer me. I am very pleased with them.:rockon:

99boltsvt

hey lady..wanna ride??
Established Member
I used BOA for everything, and was with them for over 9 years....car loan, home loan, credit card, checking, savings..really never had any issue with them. When I found out they were giving loans to illegals with no SS #. I pulled everything I had with them and went to regions Bank. Screw BOA!!!

zeus201

Established Member
I am using BOA and never had in any issues with them. They have the title and I was able to register the car my self and the DMV sent the title to their holding house.

I had a dedicated guy during the whole process and it went quite smoothly and got my check after 1 week of signing and mailing documents.

SurferSVT

V
Established Member
I am using BOA and never had in any issues with them. They have the title and I was able to register the car my self and the DMV sent the title to their holding house.

I had a dedicated guy during the whole process and it went quite smoothly and got my check after 1 week of signing and mailing documents.

Yeah, that used to be their policy, but now their holding house takes the title right away and registers the car for you.

It's convenient, sure, but has the potential to be a pain in the ass if something goes wrong.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
I had a loan through them and just paid it off. Bought the wife's dd at Carmax and BOA handled the financing. I was annoyed that you could not pay electronically unless you had a checking account with them. Supposedly this changed effective Jan 1st but not sure. Other than that I guess guess it was ok. I'm waiting on my title so we will see how that goes.

Users who are viewing this thread