Anyone heard of Fonse Performance in NJ?

RusWolf

Established Member
I was just shopping around and getting quotes for a built short block for my car and Fonse Performance pretty much quoted me price for a built coyote short block.

The price they gave me is $3890 and they will reuse the block you give them.

I'm just trying to see what will be the best deal.
MMR sells their block for $3700 and there is no core charge.
They also have the special for $2300 where you send them your block.
Shipping is about $200 each way for a short block.

Seems like MMR is the most affordable option to go with for a built motor.
Anyone else thought about this? Any ideas?

Itzslow

Established Member
Haven't heard of them. Where are they located? Is that price just for the build or to put it in as well?

I have been thinking of building an engine but was going to use wicked motorsports in toms river with an aluminator and sell my current long block.

Woody6799

Established Member
Use Kevin at Wicked of course... although he may refer you to L and M engines to build a motor from scratch. Can't say enough good things about Kevin so if her recommends L and M I am sure you will be pleased.

RusWolf

Established Member
Haven't heard of them. Where are they located? Is that price just for the build or to put it in as well?

I have been thinking of building an engine but was going to use wicked motorsports in toms river with an aluminator and sell my current long block.

They are in jersey. And the price they gave is just for building your block if you bring it to them. Might as well just get MMR's block for the same price and MMR includes brand new block.

I called JDM and asked how much does it cost to swap an engine and they said $2500.
Sounds kind of high to mne, i thought an engine swap usually is around $1000. I'm thinking about buying an aluminator (JDM said it's going to be around $10,000 for aluminator from from installed) as well but not sure how to sell my stock engine and how much will it go for with 27k miles.

Itzslow

Established Member
I would kevin a call and see what the L&m engine will cost. They build a lot of top shelf cars and trucks. But your right u know what your getting with mmr as we'll. Average labor rate is $100+ an hour and Headers take 6-10 hrs from what I have seen so. I would guess at least 20 hrs for the engine job plus tuning time.

Pm a few guys that have been selling their engines and see what they are getting. I'm hoping 3k +?

What part of jersey u from?

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I follow them on Instagram they seem to build some bad ass stuff from what ive seen. I would also give my engine builder Don Wood a call ( R.A.D. auto machine).hes in Ludlow MA and is a amazing well kept secret for us guys here in the northeast. He built my Shelby's engine and will be doing some upgrades again this winter to support 1,500hp

RusWolf

Established Member
I'm in Westchester, NY.
I've talked to ReaSpeed on L.I and they said they are also around 2000-2500 for the engine swap, HOWEVER in that amount they also include a tune and a break in time on the dyno. Which is a better deal IMHO.

So now i just need to decide if i will go with Aluminator or an aftermarket built engine. basically i would like to find out if it's possible to build an engine that is slightly better than aluminator for around the same money. If it is not possible i will just Aluminator, also Matt at realspeed told me that it's realistic to sell my engine for about $4000-$4500.

I would kevin a call and see what the L&m engine will cost. They build a lot of top shelf cars and trucks. But your right u know what your getting with mmr as we'll. Average labor rate is $100+ an hour and Headers take 6-10 hrs from what I have seen so. I would guess at least 20 hrs for the engine job plus tuning time.

Pm a few guys that have been selling their engines and see what they are getting. I'm hoping 3k +?

What part of jersey u from?

Itzslow

Established Member
Sounds like a plan. Good luck and let me know what you decide you might swing me one way or the other. I keep looking at that Mmr long block with the boss heads/block as we'll.

Users who are viewing this thread