Anyone have painted lettering on tires?

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
I've seen a few newer model mustangs with painted lettering on the tires and it looks really good (when done right). If anyone has done this to their cobra, post some pics as I'd love to see how it looks beforehand.

Also, any tips/ tricks to get best results

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
Well, I did find this pic which probably gives me the best idea on what painted letters would look like on these cars. Doesn't look at all as good as a couple of really nice S550's I've seen around town. Probably not the best look for a lower profile tire.

I'm just trying to think of ideas on how to give a little more "contrast" between my black wheels/tires. It looks great up close, but from a small distance everything blends together. I've seen a couple people do the red stencil outline (where the tire meets the rim), but i'm not sure how i'd like that either...

41598d1375895087-white-wall-paint-pen-only-stays-week-imag0261-9.43.32-am.jpg

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
IMO- no lettering, no outlines, no no no. if you want some contrast maybe consider non-black wheels? or brighter brake calipers? or fun lug nuts? one of the reasons i got rid of my black wheels is because after a while it looked like i was driving on 4 hockey pucks. brightly/tastefully painted calipers helps, so maybe consider that?

Last edited:

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
It’s not a ‘71 nova with Craigers. White lettering would take away from the classy appearance of the car

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
IMO- no lettering, no outlines, no no no. if you want some contrast maybe consider non-black wheels? or brighter brake calipers? or fun lug nuts? one of the reasons i got rid of my black wheels is because after a while it looked like i was driving on 4 hockey pucks. brightly/tastefully painted calipers helps, so maybe consider that?

My calipers do have "cobra" letters painted red on them, but I am liking the full red calipers on the pic I posted above. Something to consider.

As for the wheels, I've put a lot of work into making the car more "murdered-out" looking, so I can't see myself changing the color. Just want a hint of contrast, but probably should leave "well enough" alone...

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
Dang, we're hating on vape clouds too? You must be referring to a different type of "vape" than the kind that exits my car...

Last edited:

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
I should check out the Honda forums. I'll bet they have some sweet ideas on how to paint tires and stuff...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread