Anyone have/know about Yamaha RD350?

Cobra03FLA

Titties & Beer!
Established Member
I used to have a 75 model heavily modded. It was a lot of fun. easily wheelie in third gear at 40-45 mph. Not a really fast quarter mile bike but damn quick for a 2 cylinder 2stroke 350cc. Another funny thing was the bike only got about 17-20 miles per gallon.

Bluedot_26

This Space For Rent
Established Member
The stupid oil-injectors failed constantly and would seize the motor .. biggest gripe. (Easily fixed by mixing at the gas station) That and the stock pipes were too low and would easily lift the rear wheel off the ground (yikes).

Also if you rolled backwards down the driveway and popped the clutch you could get the engine to fire in reverse.

My friend had a few around a 350, few 400s and a '79-Daytona special .. they were fun bikes. Even with the DG pipe and head kit, none of them would wheelie in third gear, but first and second were easy.

Fun bikes ... H1's and H2's also (they had their share of faults too) Still have a bunch of Kawi 2 stroke parts in the garage if anyone is looking for some.

stevieb

Established Member
I had friends that had those and an R5, I had a CB 750 and this guy kept telling everyone he could wipe my arse in a race. We raced 3x, I beat him the first 2x but he kept making excuses about missing shifts etc. So the 3rd time he acknowledged that I beat him.
For those that know I had a 69 750 the first year they came into the US which had 72 HP, then they cut them back to 68 after that. Just wanted to toot my horn.

Cobra03FLA

Titties & Beer!
Established Member
Bluedot_26 said:
. (

My friend had a few around a 350, few 400s and a '79-Daytona special .. they were fun bikes. Even with the DG pipe and head kit, none of them would wheelie in third gear, but first and second were easy.

Mine had the oil injection deleted. I had the dg head ex-chamber pipes wiseco pistons port job and larger carbs. It would wheelie easily in third gear.

Users who are viewing this thread