Anyone have experience with Durango's?

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Well again I have a 7 year old and a 10 month, plus 3 small dogs so they will be in the 3rd row ha. It's nice to know it's big enough. How often do you fuel up?

It's a ~25gal tank. I can go over a week without filling up, commuting 70 miles daily.
I didn't have to adjust my driver seat to fit the rear facing car seat. Was surprised at that considering how big that car seat is.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Thanks for a true owner response! Last time I talked to him he was going state and since has fallen off the grid. I offered him free room and board on the weekends but again haven't heard from him.

Hey what year to do you have?

Gotcha man. They take the phones away during the week, so, he is only around on the weekends. So far, he is hanging in there.

I have a 2016 R/T.

Second question, my cousin has one and does 60 mile round trips daily as I do, she says she fills up every 7-10 days, is this accurate? I fill up twice a week already and would prefer a bigger tank if the GM is decent. I'm mainly highway.

Well, that is GREAT gas mileage. She is getting between 420-600 miles per tank, or, anywhere from 17 MPG up to 24 MPG. With an R/T, especially with an AWD, I don't think that is very realistic. Even with feathering the hell out of it, that is phenomenal gas mileage for this truck. It is rated @ 14/22. Definitely possible, but, maybe slightly exaggerated.

Then again, I didn't buy it for the MPG's, haha.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
My vote goes towards a 4Runner. Because resale value, quality, and Toyota.

If FCA has to buy your Jeep back because it's so messed up, why trust them again with another purchase?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I have one of those as well. The Durango is definitely more plush, but if long term resale value is something that you need to look at depending on how long you want to keep it, then the 4runner is fantastic as well. The issue is that it isn't as user friendly for the 3rd row if you have child seats since there is no middle captains chair option.

Coiled03

Established Member
What am I missing, here? The company that produced your prior vehicle on which the CALIPERS FELL OFF, has somehow got you interested in another of their vehicles?

SirShaun

Established Member
I recently got my wife a 2011 AWD 5.7 Citadel as a mommy mobile. She loves it. It's plush with the heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel, DVD player with bluetooth headphones for the kids.

Has plenty of power and handles good. Interior is well designed and doesn't come off as cheap. I honestly enjoy driving it. I would consider it our luxury vehicle lol.

I purchased it with 100k miles on it. Hoping it lasts. Outside of the radiator fan making some noise (ended up being water pump pulley, which went shortly after posting this), it has been solid. I've only had it for a few thousand miles though.

Water pump and battery thus far. Both looked stock when I pulled them.

If you get a used one just make sure all the recall work has been done.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
What am I missing, here? The company that produced your prior vehicle on which the CALIPERS FELL OFF, has somehow got you interested in another of their vehicles?

Basically, Ford product is meh, and I refuse to buy a GM.

Zodiac

Established Member
I don't think you will regret the Durango. We were seriously considering it. We were gonna order a 18 R/T AWD in b5 blue (can't believe they finally offer it on an SUV), but ultimately realized we don't need a big 3 row SUV. We ended up with a Grand Cherokee Altitude 4x4. No regrets.

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
My wife and I have considered a 2018 R/T because of how it looks with the new SRT hood and front fascia.

I've only been a Ford guy all my life. Literally have four Fords right now.

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
We rented one in Maui and loved it! Very roomy good mileage, loved the backup cam and paddle shifters.

ViciousJay

Established Member

Attachments

• 52944313787__150D3DF3-F8EA-444F-A71C-1B78E049635C.JPG
    52944313787__150D3DF3-F8EA-444F-A71C-1B78E049635C.JPG
    204.9 KB · Views: 96

Users who are viewing this thread