Anyone have experience with 1 7/8 ARH. 600+rwhp

randoo

Established Member
I just ordered these from lethal. They recommended 1 7/8 over 1 3/4. Im going with 3'' catless x into 2.5 magnaflow cat back. Been doing more research and it seems that most people went with 1 3/4. My set up is a stock 03 motor with 2.6h kb with supporting mods. 637rwhp 590rwtq. Any input will be helpful. ty

JrSVT

Established Member
I am happy with my 1 3/4" with 3" mid-pipe that goes into 2.5" catback...They fit like a glove and I don't think they are a restriction. I plan on running 22psi on my 2.9L Whipple and I'm still confident that they will flow well enough not to be a restriction. People going north of 24psi may see some restrictions and may need the 1 7/8" headers so I guess it really depends on what your plans are with the car and if it will ever see more boost.

Jr.

randoo

Established Member
I'm at 20psi now and figure I'll lose a little with the headers. Hopefully I don't lose any bottom end torque.

Bigc6428

Established Member
I just installed the 1 7/8x3 arh with 3in x I already had a magnaflow catback that has magnapacks in place of the original mufflers. Before the headers the car was loud with just a magnaflow of road x but now the car is just absolutely the loudest street car it have ever heard it in so loud I couldn't even get avid at the dyno I almost dropped my phone trying to plug me ears and I am not exaggerating! It is insanely loud! As far as hp restriction check my thread for my dyno results ( tvs on dyno tomorrow ). The fit was spot on but extremely close to my upr kmember on the passenger side 1/8" next to the rear kmember mounting pad. It hasn't hit yet but I haven't crawled under to look since the dyno session as you will read I am having blower issues right now. Any other questions just ask!

THunterW

SGTSVT & SVTSGT
Established Member
Not trying to hijack, OP, but I've been wondering if I should get the 1 7/8" x 3" kit myself and be done with it so I don't have to upgrade in the future. My motor is stock at the moment and I was going to just get the ARH 1 3/4" x 2.5" kit but I would hate to have to buy the 1 7/8" kit later down the road when I add a different blower.

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
for what they cost I would buy them first...my cheapass went with the 1 5/8" pacesetters...which have been surprisingly good....for the low low cost. If I ever went with a bigger blower I would get 1 7/8 and not look back.

Users who are viewing this thread