Anyone have an 'IN' with any government agencies?

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
I just recently got done with my Bachelors in Criminology/Criminal Justice at UMD and am really lookin to find a job with good ol Uncle Sam. Anyone that can pass my resume along would be a huge help to me. I'm really interested in but by no means limited to the Dept. of Defense, National Security Agency, Defense Intell Agency, Dept. Homeland Security, etc.

I've also thought about law firms and maybe looking for something as a legal assitant. I really need to get my foot in the door and get out there in the workforce so like I said any help would be greatly appreciated fellas.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I think I know of a few places where you can pick up an application.

Almo

Established Member
I just recently got done with my Bachelors in Criminology/Criminal Justice at UMD and am really lookin to find a job with good ol Uncle Sam. Anyone that can pass my resume along would be a huge help to me. I'm really interested in but by no means limited to the Dept. of Defense, National Security Agency, Defense Intell Agency, Dept. Homeland Security, etc.

I've also thought about law firms and maybe looking for something as a legal assitant. I really need to get my foot in the door and get out there in the workforce so like I said any help would be greatly appreciated fellas.

Send me your resume!

Almo

Established Member
Like Chum said... hit USAJOBS, start applying and get used to calling to find out if you made the cert for the PD you applied against.

Otherwise, quicker route would be private sector, get in the door… start learning the hierarchy of the Org you are working for (Government wise). You can then narrow the positions down which are listed under the Org you're working for and sooner or later might hit a cert and your name picked for an interview or processing.

That is, unless you get hired and work overhead for the firm themself.

Last edited:

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
Take a look at www.usajobs.gov because most advertise there for jobs

Good luck

Thanks. Yea i've been on usajobs.gov for a couple years now while i was in school looking for student temp employment program (STEP) positions. Along with that site i've also put my resume on careerbuilder.com and monster.com and started putting out apps that way.

gtmustang88

Established Member
Tim, I got my gov job throught UMD. Have you tried there career services yet? Otherwise, I do know it takes awhile to hear back when you applied on usajobs.gov. I got a few calls from places I applied on there a few months after I graduated.

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
Congrats on your degree, you poor Cobra-less SOB.
Good luck. :thumbsup:

Haha. Thanks Greg

Tim, I got my gov job throught UMD. Have you tried there career services yet? Otherwise, I do know it takes awhile to hear back when you applied on usajobs.gov. I got a few calls from places I applied on there a few months after I graduated.

I haven't really lookin into it in depth. Maybe i'll go onto campus and check it out though.

Send me your resume Tim... I can forward it to a couple friends.

Cool

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Annapolis Mall is looking for more security guards now that they have expanded!

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member

+1. I got my job through UMD also.

LadyJame

Proud wife of a NAVY Vet!
Established Member
You should've hit up that cop that took such an interest in your cobra at the halfway GTG. I have to admit it would be cool to call you Officer 01Lowboy!!!

wheelhopper

Established Member
My father is friends with the director of the CIA. But, if you have ever done anything other than weed, or weed a couple times, your SOL.

wheelhopper

Established Member
My mistake, not CIA, Secret Service. And all that knowing someone does there is help you get through the pack faster, as long as you pass all the written tests, oral interviews, and physical tests.

Users who are viewing this thread